The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
ironman87

Starting Early GDT - CAR @ PHI 1/3/2019: 7 PM

2 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

God bless America  Hamilton is hot garbage

How dare you denigrate hot garbage with that metaphor...

• Like 1

Yeah we scored some goals against a terrible team and made a few nice plays but the passing was horrendous. Suprised we didnt suffer a few ankle injuries from pucks being drilled into each others skates on horrible passes. Elevated pass attempts just not tape to tape. The next few games we should score 1-2 goals total. Just two terrible hockey teams trying to get a W.

Nice to beat a team twice that is even bigger disarray than us. Really, it is nice. Better than losing.

I tend to want to look at games in 2 categories: the game itself, and any signs the game may give for the future rest of the season.

The last two games themselves have been fun. Winning is more fun, (even when tanking (I'm not saying we're tanking, I don't think we are, just that winning is always more fun.))

As to signs for the rest of the season, I don't see enough to really change the overall trajectory IMO. I hope we're starting a decent streak. But I just don't think we have enough firepower for the sort of run we need given the road games ahead. I still want to be wrong. 

The problem is that it's been Philly. A team who's league bottom weaknesses are exactly what we need to make us look decent: bad goaltending and a bad PK. As Brind'Amour said in his post game, (paraphrased), "for some reason now those shots are going in". Philly is the reason. Well, at least it's the most likely reason. 

I hope that it is not true. If we win tonight, back to back (vs rested) against a more formidable Columbus team? Maybe one eyebrow will go up a little on the season despite being essentially out by historical norms. Unfortunately Montreal won, so we remain the terminal 10 points out despite winning two in a row.

This is the unfortunate reality of the NHL con job that is loser points. The loser point illusion. 

Sorry for the gloom, but it's just been so long. So very long. I'm still on board....but it's been so long.