Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Columbus At Carolina jan 4 @ 7:30pm

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

Beer stands?

All open and full.  Bud Knight is here giving away beer.  Dilly dilly

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wscaniac said:

 

Heh...I was looking for the "I think you can go get him now" clip when they yanked Bob

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canesfanforever said:

31 games with the checkers  and he only has 6 goals ? how is that possible ?????  McKegg is playing  amazing .  how is he with the checkers ??? im confused !

 

 

In the games i've been to, he's been pretty solid but not overly noteworthy - does his role but doesn't stand out.  Glad to see he's a little more-noteworthy in Raleigh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

 

 

In the games i've been to, he's been pretty solid but not overly noteworthy - does his role but doesn't stand out.  Glad to see he's a little more-noteworthy in Raleigh.

man , what ever fire lit under him  should be just the thing he needs .   because this is what i want to see out of a bottom 6 player .  not what rask or wallmark brings .  cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I told my wife at the beginning of the game that i think McElhinney may be my favorite goaltender the Canes have ever had.  After his play so far tonight, i'm ready to admit that sentiment to you guys.  I am so much more-confident with him in net than i've been with any Hurricane goaltender since the Stanley Cup run.  Even at the worst of times, he gives the team a chance to win.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Canesfanforever said:

cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

 

 

I don't always agree with your posts, brother.  This one i agree with 100%.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

 

 

In the games i've been to, he's been pretty solid but not overly noteworthy - does his role but doesn't stand out.  Glad to see he's a little more-noteworthy in Raleigh.

Wasn't he almost a PPG player in Charlotte last season after being trades from Pens?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

man , what ever fire lit under him  should be just the thing he needs .   because this is what i want to see out of a bottom 6 player .  not what rask or wallmark brings .  cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

He's making a statement that he wants to be on the roster, and, based on tonight's play, he should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I told my wife at the beginning of the game that i think McElhinney may be my favorite goaltender the Canes have ever had.  After his play so far tonight, i'm ready to admit that sentiment to you guys.  I am so much more-confident with him in net than i've been with any Hurricane goaltender since the Stanley Cup run.  Even at the worst of times, he gives the team a chance to win.

Instills confidence, not nerves.   Players and fans just know he'll do the job without drama

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I told my wife at the beginning of the game that i think McElhinney may be my favorite goaltender the Canes have ever had.  After his play so far tonight, i'm ready to admit that sentiment to you guys.  I am so much more-confident with him in net than i've been with any Hurricane goaltender since the Stanley Cup run.  Even at the worst of times, he gives the team a chance to win.

It's all about position for him. Gets to the top of the crease when needed and works angles well. Totally relaxed,rocking chair goalie.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This roster is starting to look, more and more, like Charlotte Checkers North, and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Wasn't he almost a PPG player in Charlotte last season after being trades from Pens?

He was their best player down the stretch going into the playoffs.He was on fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Wasn't he almost a PPG player in Charlotte last season after being trades from Pens?

 

 

He was, but we didn't make to many games last season.  My eye test comes mostly from this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...