Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Columbus At Carolina jan 4 @ 7:30pm

12 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

Beer stands?

All open and full.  Bud Knight is here giving away beer.  Dilly dilly

• Like 1

Just now, wscaniac said:

Heh...I was looking for the "I think you can go get him now" clip when they yanked Bob

• Like 1

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

31 games with the checkers  and he only has 6 goals ? how is that possible ?????  McKegg is playing  amazing .  how is he with the checkers ??? im confused !

In the games i've been to, he's been pretty solid but not overly noteworthy - does his role but doesn't stand out.  Glad to see he's a little more-noteworthy in Raleigh.

1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

In the games i've been to, he's been pretty solid but not overly noteworthy - does his role but doesn't stand out.  Glad to see he's a little more-noteworthy in Raleigh.

man , what ever fire lit under him  should be just the thing he needs .   because this is what i want to see out of a bottom 6 player .  not what rask or wallmark brings .  cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

• Like 1

I told my wife at the beginning of the game that i think McElhinney may be my favorite goaltender the Canes have ever had.  After his play so far tonight, i'm ready to admit that sentiment to you guys.  I am so much more-confident with him in net than i've been with any Hurricane goaltender since the Stanley Cup run.  Even at the worst of times, he gives the team a chance to win.

• Like 4

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

I don't always agree with your posts, brother.  This one i agree with 100%.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Wasn't he almost a PPG player in Charlotte last season after being trades from Pens?

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

man , what ever fire lit under him  should be just the thing he needs .   because this is what i want to see out of a bottom 6 player .  not what rask or wallmark brings .  cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

He's making a statement that he wants to be on the roster, and, based on tonight's play, he should.

2 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I told my wife at the beginning of the game that i think McElhinney may be my favorite goaltender the Canes have ever had.  After his play so far tonight, i'm ready to admit that sentiment to you guys.  I am so much more-confident with him in net than i've been with any Hurricane goaltender since the Stanley Cup run.  Even at the worst of times, he gives the team a chance to win.

Instills confidence, not nerves.   Players and fans just know he'll do the job without drama

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

It's all about position for him. Gets to the top of the crease when needed and works angles well. Totally relaxed,rocking chair goalie.

• Like 2

This roster is starting to look, more and more, like Charlotte Checkers North, and maybe that's not such a bad thing.

3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Wasn't he almost a PPG player in Charlotte last season after being trades from Pens?

He was their best player down the stretch going into the playoffs.He was on fire.

5 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

He was, but we didn't make to many games last season.  My eye test comes mostly from this season.