The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Columbus At Carolina jan 4 @ 7:30pm

Walked into the chow hall this morning and saw the game was live on AFN.  Though I could not stay, I appreciate following the game on this board while I was on post.  Thanks, guys. A good win!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, mdover95 said:

Walked into the chow hall this morning and saw the game was live on AFN.  Though I could not stay, I appreciate following the game on this board while I was on post.  Thanks, guys. A good win!

They didn't block the site there?  Sheesh, I had to get a VPN to chat on the boards whenever I was in MeS.

13 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I found that forgetting about that problem and just trying to enjoy the game, the moment, for what it is does wonders.  Tonight was fun.  More please.  Pretty darn happy crowd too.  It helps to not have much crowd opposition.

As a fellow very frequent attendee I am very happy you got the result in the stands that the rest of us saw on tv.  Very happy.

• Like 1

ill just stop watching games for a while. I have missed the last 3 due to vacation.  Hopefully, it isn't because I am on vacation. I cant afford it too much longer.

31 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

They didn't block the site there?  Sheesh, I had to get a VPN to chat on the boards whenever I was in MeS.

I can only follow via Third World internet, and it being what it is, streaming isn't conducive., either.  It is what it is, I guess.  I'll be home to see a game in February...probably the Edmonton game.

3 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

man , what ever fire lit under him  should be just the thing he needs .   because this is what i want to see out of a bottom 6 player .  not what rask or wallmark brings .  cant we just  trade rask already so we can have bishop and mckegg with the canes .  i would be happy with a 3rd round pick for rask !

I’d be happy to be rid of that contract. That and a bag of pucks should do it.

I don't get Rask, if he didn't have "Doesn't give a crap" written across his face maybe I'd think the injuries are more the problem.

35 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I don't get Rask, if he didn't have "Doesn't give a crap" written across his face maybe I'd think the injuries are more the problem.

Those injuries are mental ones...

Rask's deal (along with Darling's, of course) is proof that Francis could gamble and throw money to the wrong places almost as badly as JR.  Many of us want TD to open the checkbook, but i do hope when it happens, the person spending the money is a little more-clairvoyant with it than our previous 2 GMs have been.

13 hours ago, mdover95 said:

thank-you for your SERVICE ,that was a good win canes showed great heart

• Like 1

season still early ,but were 8 pts out of the 8 seed , this teams need to go on a 10 game winning streak 

Last night was the perfect example of why you don't use the 4th line as a throw away line.

10 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'll end my Canes night dreaming of the Aho empty netter.  That folks, was an All Star play.  Dadgum, amazing.

Speed kills.

We got you covered ironman. I appreciate all GDT starters (including the excellent ones you've already done)!

2 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Rask's deal (along with Darling's, of course) is proof that Francis could gamble and throw money to the wrong places almost as badly as JR.  Many of us want TD to open the checkbook, but i do hope when it happens, the person spending the money is a little more-clairvoyant with it than our previous 2 GMs have been.

That's the dilemma for small market teams, isn't it?  At the time, most thought Rask was our #1 or #2 center for the future.  If that had actually panned out, locking him up for 6 years at $4m per would have saved millions over the long term.  As it is . . . :(  At least it looks like RF hit on the long term Pesce and Slavin deals. Even if we end up trading Pesce, his contract will likely increase the return.    

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

That's the dilemma for small market teams, isn't it?  At the time, most thought Rask was our #1 or #2 center for the future.  If that had actually panned out, locking him up for 6 years at $4m per would have saved millions over the long term. 

Yeah, I put it down in the other thread, but Rask had that really nice 32 game stretch at the start of two seasons ago. If he'd have kept even close to being that player, as you mentioned $4million would have been a huge bargain. (Of course if Darling had managed to maintain his .924 save percentage.....). 

But how long to wait on Rask? Tripp tried to pry some positivity out of last nights game saying something like Rask had more energy or something like that. To which John pointed out he's been back 20 games now. I see the same Rask as last year. A competent back checker, decent mid ice guy who tries first to not make mistakes. His drive for offense is mostly not existent to my eye. One exception, on the PP last night, he made a strong move to the middle with the puck. It didn't work out, but it was the type of effort that the PP and he needs. A flash in the pan? Probably, but I guess we can hope. 

At this point it would seem we have little choice with Jordan shut down, but to keep rolling Rask out there. Maybe he finds the magic again. It would be nice.

5 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Start with sewing up Aho and TT. That would be hard to screw up.

8 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

When we’re hoisting the cup this year, we’ll think back to this 3-game 2019 win streak👍🏽

how that's positive thinking, its been to long 9 years with out a play-off game

6 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

When we’re hoisting the cup this year, we’ll think back to this 3-game 2019 win streak👍🏽

;)

7C35F719-3C72-4579-9811-54538D9890DD.gif

Edited by AWACSooner

Did anybody catch postgame with Dougie talking about " a couple of things healed up so that has helped" ? Not making excuses but just wondering if injury playing a part in is poor play most of the season? I would like to hope so.  I'm sure these guys play through alot that we don't know about.

Edited by sleekfeeder
  • Like 1