The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
ironman87

GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs. Carolina Hurricanes - 7PM PNC Arena

Tough one last night.  Lots of ticky-tack call that went against us.  Team played well.  On to tonight

image.jpeg.d431f7766c5fc7b7c506d7fe64853ec3.jpeg vs. image.jpeg.3f6c3cfd1f63ea1f5d5b633f2ee56781.jpeg

Who?  Carolina Hurricanes vs. Buffalo Sabres

What?  Hockey game

Where?  PNC Arena, Raleigh NC

Why?  Because hockey is awesome

When? 7 PM ET

Get them slugs!

more to come....

Edited by ironman87
  • Like 3

I don't hate Skinner and I hated the trade that shall not be named but I still kinda hope Ferland or Martinook rock his world one good time for us fans. Just in case he wasn't giving it his all, I want my bases covered.

• Like 1

It would be a solid case of 'serves them right' for Skinner to come in and rub the stupidity of that stupid-edit trade in the dumbfounded faces of our so-called 'committee'.

Just need to make sure Hamilton and TVR are ready for him to try to pick pocket them.  Get the puck out of the zone quickly.

I bet we see more defense from Skinner than we have had in 4 seasons combined.  I do hope Ferland or Martinook (since they were never teammates of Skinner) rock his world.  Go ultra physical this game.  

It will be interesting to see how RBA matches the lines since we own the last change.  Do the Sabres run similiar feints with line changes to keep Slavin and Pesce from coming out against Skinner?  

Do we roll Keggers or Rask's line against Skinner and Eichel?  

Like John and Tripp pointed out our lines should be more rested than in the past back-to-backs.  The lines were fairly balanced last night as far as play.  4 of the 6 on D was within 30 seconds of 20 minutes ice time. Slavin played 22 and TVR 16 minutes. Not huge numbers.  

Skinner,

“It’s not just another game,” Skinner said after practice Thursday. “Technically, it’s another game on a schedule. It’s worth the same amount of points. But obviously, personally, I spent a lot of time there, made a lot of good friendships with people in that organization and the first time going back as a visiting team player, I think it’s going to be – I don’t know – I don’t really know what to expect.

“I think it’ll be fun, though.”

While the Skinner sideshow is grabbing the attention there is a lot at stake in this game. A win puts the Canes 5 pts behind the Sabres and the last wildcard spot. A loss and we are 9 pts out of a playoff spot. That pretty much wipes out the winning streak gains.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I bet we see more defense from Skinner than we have had in 4 seasons combined.  I do hope Ferland or Martinook (since they were never teammates of Skinner) rock his world.  Go ultra physical this game.

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

I still kinda hope Ferland or Martinook rock his world one good time for us fans.

Really guys? "Let's use toughness we never had the whole time Skinner played for us to rock the Rookie of the Year and team leader in scoring who we refused to stand up for, across the eight seasons and three concussions he endured with us"? How are those two things even remotely congruent?

Look, I was the first on these boards to say "Thanks for your service, Jeff, but now you're a Slug so we must hate you," and I'm down with that. But aren't we better than thinking that any former player somehow deserves what we'd never do on their behalf when they played for us? 

Whatever. I hope the org is at least classy enough to do something special for him on the video like it did for Eric. But I'm not holding my breath.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Really guys? "Let's use toughness we never had the whole time Skinner played for us to rock the Rookie of the Year and team leader in scoring who we refused to stand up for, across the eight seasons and three concussions he endured with us"? How are those two things even remotely congruent?

Look, I was the first on these boards to say "Thanks for your service, Jeff, but now you're a Slug so we must hate you," and I'm down with that. But aren't we better than thinking that any former player somehow deserves what we'd never do on their behalf when they played for us? 

Whatever. I hope the org is at least classy enough to do something special for him on the video like it did for Eric. But I'm not holding my breath.

Quoting this as a second thumbs-up because i can only thumbs-up it once.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

And a third time.

Hard pass on trying to hurt the Skinner or any other player not mentioned above. Again would like to see a couple of players rock his world and put him on his 5th point of contact at least once.  

Sorry I forgot Top watched hockey in the 60s where rock him means throw an elbow.

I don't really feel I need to put in a metric crap ton of fluff into my post to cover all possible angles that rock him could be misconstrued into literally coming within 6 inches of killing him.

Edited by legend-1

Back on the importance of this one. Teams trying to climb the mountain need to win games like this. In reality, that's why it's nearly impossible to do. This is the dreaded back to back vs rested where it's the third game in 4 nights and a return from a road trip. These are really hard for mortal teams to win and most teams just don't win them.

But that's why it would be such a big win. (That and the 4 points swing with the slugs). 

Also, need to build on the winning streak rather than starting a losing streak. 

In my mind McE gives us a shot nearly every night though. 

How do the boys respond to last night? 

So I didn't realize that Eichel had been out since Jan 1. And that he's back tonight. Again, it's probably just me, but ...really, had to be tonight? Well hopefully he's rusty.

We all know we don't have dirty players. But yes, Messers Ferland and Martinook should certainly introduce themselves enthusiastically to Mr Skinner. Also, the trick to limiting Skinner is making him not want to get that two feet closer to the net. So we we should certainly do that. 

One would think Skinner would feel the urge to show the team that traded him for spare futures that he has over come the blow, learned to take it well, and only wishes his words could just convince himself that it....wait, that's a song. I would think Skinner will be bringing it. Maybe even see a spin-o-rama. 

Alright everyone is watching Skinner. The fans, the media. Why not the storyline brings excitement and that is never bad. other Another storyline may be just as important.

Jack Eichel declared himself back to 100 percent following practice at Harborcenter, which could bode well for a potential return to the lineup. Phil Housley wouldn't go so far as to confirm Eichel for tonight, but he was encouraged by the way the captain practiced. 

If Eichel does play, expect to see him centering a line with Skinner and Tage Thompson.

Jeff Skinner's seven game-winning goals tied for the most in the NHL this season.

I like Skinner but for one night I would like to see him frown instead of smile. When he smiles it means he scored.

Tonight’ll tell us if the ship has righted itself or we just feasted on teams worse than us...if it’s the latter, let’s start selling already.

Keys to the W:

1. Keep Svech out of the box...if that doesn’t work, keep him in the press box.

2. Tell Martinook he gets a $50K bonus each time he lunches Skinner into either tram’s bench...

Hope we shut out the entire team not just Skins. In any event Skins gets the last laugh,gonna be a rich young man after this season.