The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
ironman87

GDT: Buffalo Sabres vs. Carolina Hurricanes - 7PM PNC Arena

24 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

Agree we should celebrate McE’s good year. Maybe sign him for another 1-2 years? Picking him up was a no-brainer though, especially with the timing of Darling’s injury. Wonder if we would have claimed him if Darling hadn’t gotten hurt? That would have been a wise move given the unpredictable state of our goaltending with Darling and Mrazek, but wouldn’t have been a necessity if we weren’t one goalie short. What would our season look like if we had just rolled with Darling and Mrazek? 

I'd do a 2x4...or even a 3x4...anything of that nature is better than the albatross that is Mongo.

Speaking of Mongo, I fully expect him to be bought out this summer...and, if it had been him and Sneaky Pete at this stage, we'd be solely in first for the Jack Hughes lottery.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Great crowd tonight and for the most part we shut up the Slugs in attendance.  

For some reason the puck is jumping in the net for us right now.  Go figure.

10 freakin' years of not. 'bout time! 

18 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Great crowd tonight and for the most part we shut up the Slugs in attendance.  

For some reason the puck is jumping in the net for us right now.  Go figure.

The crowd was OUTSTANDING!!!  I haven't heard it that loud, in quite awhile.  I give the Slugs fans some respect.  They were loud, but they weren't obnoxious, like some opposition fans.  We had a good time with the Slug fans sitting near us.

It's true we're getting some puck luck, but I think we're also getting more quality chances, though we've gotten stymied on a lot of them. We should practice 2 on 1's at game speed over and over, and also breakaways.