The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Rags, 15 Jan 19

35 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I suppsose, though I don't know why after watching this song and dance so many times before that I'm shocked a 7-2 run has only resulted in 3 points in the standings.

Stinks, doesn't it?   Eastern is on fire.  With 49 pts, the Canes match the Wild in the west, who are currently in the playoffs.

Below I have the last 10 game stats for the teams above the Canes.  The Canes are 7-3-0 in last 10 (last in clip below).  The Sabres are 3-6-1, whom the Canes have made progress on, however, they are out too.  All the other teams above are the ones we are chasing, and their records are good, really good.  What has particularly hosed the Canes in this run is the 8-2-0 run by the Isle.

last10.JPG

11 hours ago, WilmingtonCaniac said:

Must be pretty thirsty about now.

Looks like I picked the right game to cut down on my consumption.

• Like 1

Well, Friday should be a win, but Sunday and Tuesday of next week will be our real litmus test on whether this was all for naught...

21 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

What time does the game start?  Asking for some friends...

Can someone ask Saku?  

8 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Well, Friday should be a win, but Sunday and Tuesday of next week will be our real litmus test on whether this was all for naught...

Hell, yesterday should have been a win.  And from an objective perspective, last Nashville game should have been a loss.  I'm not counting on expectations in either direction, been burnt too many times in the recent past (see the quote I used for my signature line below :P).    

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Hell, yesterday should have been a win.  And from an objective perspective, last Nashville game should have been a loss. 

Funny you should say that.  I knew Nashville was a lock.  So much so I purchased outside my plan since I was in town anyway.  PNC is Nashville's House of Horrors.  Glad I did.

I wasn't too surprised at the showing last night either.

30 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Funny you should say that.  I knew Nashville was a lock.  So much so I purchased outside my plan since I was in town anyway.  PNC is Nashville's House of Horrors.  Glad I did.

I wasn't too surprised at the showing last night either.

You are obviously psychic,coastal. Give me some lottery numbers please? Just messing with you guy as have absolutely lost the ability to predict this team, and have for years.

8 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

You are obviously psychic,coastal.

Not really, I always attend the home Preds games.  Nashville has only won two games here since 2010, once on a SO and the other in OT.  Just played the odds.