The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

Our annual western Canadian road nightmare (game 1)...Canes @ Oilers...20 Jan 2019

oilers-fan.jpg  vs Related image

20 Jan, 2019...7:30 pm MST...Rexall Center Rogers Place...Edmonton, Canada-eh

Well, ladies and gentlemen, the pics are about as positive as it's gonna get...because, with the past two games, it's evident our playoff futility will hit a decade, and all we're pretty much playing to spoil everyone else's chances.  Trades?  Too little, too late...should've done 'em back in November.  

All I can say is...my 1-11 Canes road game record probably isn't about to improve the next three games.  And with that, I'm off to the airport to catch my flight to Edmonton...

Well, I'll be the 1st to post. Last night surely was a crappy way to welcome a new player into our fold. I'll bet the 2 players involved had polar opposite reactions to the results, Mr Smiley breathing a sigh of relief and NN saying WTH just happened? Onward and upward guys. Wonder when the flight left for Edmonton?

The 2 flat games in a row were badly timed for many reasons, but one of them is this. It is very difficult to fly most of the way across the country across time zones with one day off and play a good game. Then go to a hot Calgary, then go back to back and 3 in 4 and play in Madison Garden West for us in Vancouver where we haven't won, pretty much at all.. 

I guess if the team somehow pulls the miracle sweep here, we could get our playoff eyebrow slightly up, but then there's the 5 game road trip after this one....

Just when they pull me back in...they spit me back out.

But go ahead and try to win this one, it's still a bit early to tank.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Do we have to?

Airplane tickets booked, hotels booked, rental cars obtained, game tickets paid for...thought about it, but I have no choice.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Airplane tickets booked, hotels booked, rental cars obtained, game tickets paid for...thought about it, but I have no choice.

Regardless of record or status, us road warriors will rep the Canes as hard as we can in enemy territory.  I love putting on my white road jersey. Enjoy the game 👍🏽

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

Regardless of record or status, us road warriors will rep the Canes as hard as we can in enemy territory.  I love putting on my white road jersey. Enjoy the game 👍🏽

The way this team has been playing recently, I’ll need several Labatts/Molsons/Kokanees before puck drop in order to even remotely enjoy it!

55 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

The way this team has been playing recently, I’ll need several Labatts/Molsons/Kokanees before puck drop in order to even remotely enjoy it!

Jim Beam for me.  I'm making my own history, baby...

4 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Jim Beam for me.  I'm making my own history, baby...

Currently on the United flight from Denver to Edmonton...two bourbons down...feeling good about our chances tomorrow.  (At least until I get sober). ;)

• Like 2

Gameday

Sebastian Aho centered Niederreiter and Williams in practice on Saturday before the team jet-set for Edmonton.

"We need to change a little something," Brind'Amour said. "Got a look at it today."

• Like 1

This road trip should determine the conversation for the rest of the season. If the margin for error before our last two loses was slim the margin for error now is none.

• Like 4

Edmonton playing on back end of BtoB, and lost 5-2 vs our friends in Calgary? Other scores from last night seem favorable to us also? Maybe good omen? Then there's OBXer's report of Rod's line changes? Could work putting Aho with NN I suppose, letting NN's new found adrenaline drive Aho a little bit more?Williams there for his cerebral approach? Guess we'll see at 9:30?  

I only get sick every couple years or so, but i'm currently coughing up the joint with bronchitis.  Cheer them on for me, guys - i expect i'll be watching the backs of my eyelids.

Good to see I won’t be the only one here...some poor sap on the FB page said he’s gonna be at the game too to share in the misery...or maybe a few beers?

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

FWIW. Ferland didn't take the morning skate.

He has dropped the gloves and gone a few rounds in 2 of the last 3.