The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

Our Annual Western Canadian Road Nightmare (Game 3)...Canes @ Canucks...23 Jan 2019

6 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Yeah, Mrazek with 3rd star, and very well deserved.  I lost count of how many highlight reel saves he had.

Yeah there's that, and one gaping net miracle?

6 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yeah there's that, and one gaping net miracle?

And THAT’S why I was ok with getting a point and getting outta there.  We rightfully should’ve been spanked 5-1.

if this is the year for the win in Vancouver this is the best time Vancouver is not the same team they were in the past

Two teams about as statistically even as can be after 50 games. But. I like momentum on road swings versus an idle team and we did create a little so far. I like our chances if we've got enough legs early on to not dig a hole.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

And THAT’S why I was ok with getting a point and getting outta there.  We rightfully should’ve been spanked 5-1.

Come on man we be Ridditch at least 2 twice and got posts would have been closer if all them went in

Interesting reading around the league concerning Ferland, especially on VAN's boards. Dreger says the interest is really high in a lot of GM offices. I'd sure like to see us keep him, but considering the interest, what we may be able to garner in return may tip the scales versus overpaying. How smart are you, Waddell?

• Like 2

So apparently Ned is in goal tonight, Ferland is out, we didn't bring an extra forward, no morning skate like before the Rangers game and we haven't won in Vancouver since before Svech was born. What could go wrong?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Whaler1 said:

So apparently Ned is in goal tonight, Ferland is out, we didn't bring an extra forward and no morning skate like before the Rangers game. What could go wrong?

Great...and I got seats on the glass by the Canucks bench

• Like 3

If Faulk gets a point tonight he can set a franchise record for points by a defenseman, moving past Dave Babych's 240 points

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

We'll have to keep our eyes out for you on tv.  Are you wearing Canes white or Canes red?

2 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

We'll have to keep our eyes out for you on tv.  Are you wearing Canes white or Canes red?

Away game ;)

37 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

So apparently Ned is in goal tonight, Ferland is out, we didn't bring an extra forward, no morning skate like before the Rangers game and we haven't won in Vancouver since before Svech was born. What could go wrong?

And back to back with travel vs a rested team.

38 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

Well since we never win here, might as well mix it up. Maybe they win one for the kid. 

38 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Maybe we can look for some sort of signal if you get on camera calling out your board-mates. 

16 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Should be fun for little AWACS.  Is she worn out yet?

She was worn out before the first game...she always complains about going, but then says she had a great time afterwards.

We’ll be 2 sections down from the Canucks bench...in our O zone for 1st and 3rd.

Edited by AWACSooner
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, remkin said:

Maybe we can look for some sort of signal if you get on camera calling out your board-mates. 

🖖

• Like 1

Just now, legend-1 said:

I'm worn out and I'm not even at the game, these 10:30 ordeals suck. 

Yah, we had an early flight in from Calgary this morning and the hotel at least let us in early so we could nap.  Another late night and early morning tomorrow as we’re flying back to the States.

This is one of my favorite matchups as I enjoy when the Canes play the Pacific. Can’t stay up for this one but hope to see a good result!

• Like 1