The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Back From the Break: Vegas Knights at Raleigh, 7:30

th?id=OIP.46oBigOWL2vrFp2HQ8Tl5AHaKB&pid  AT  th?id=OIP.iEFL0EWtK_dNtVNkxdC_1gHaEn&pid

29-19-4                                                          24-20-6

7:30 PM, PNC. Fox Sports Carolinas, 99.9.

So, this is it. Make no mistake. Back from the break. 

The Canes were 9-3-1 in their past 13, including a 5/6 point West Coast road trip and a rarest of rare win in Vancouver. They were feeling it, and the goals were going in. Two of the losses were on the road to the best team in the West and East, both close, one lost in OT. Things were rolling. Then...

(Needle scratches over the vinyl record): THE BREAK.

This team has been amazingly resilient to nasty playing streaks (back to backs, and three in 4, etc). They just blow through them. But breaks? More mixed. This is a young team and getting back on track could be a challenge. 

And Vegas is no pushover. Martinook, in his XM interview called Vegas a mirror image of how the Canes play, but with lots of talent and tough to beat goalie. This will not be easy. Vegas is a +17 goal diff team. But they are basically .500 on the road, doing most of their damage in Vegas. So it's getable.

Which team gets to it's game quicker? Which team gets the rust off first? 

We need this one because it's a tough 8 game stretch and we can't afford to fall back. I'll be there, even upgraded my seats. Looking forward to a Storm Surge.

Go Canes! 

• Like 1

With Staal out a while, we are definitely short a center. Would be interesting to see how the line up goes with Ferland & Nino in there.

does Turbo move down with Svech and Aho has two huge wingers? Does the 2C get to have Ferland and Svech as wingers? 

Do we go 7D again?

Was at this game last year where Mongo was in net and we didn’t show up til the third, so we lost 5-1.

This’ll take a full 60 effort to get two points, especially with Calgary coming for the Sunday matinee.

We have the advantage tonight. Who needs Vegas show girls when we have the Marley Girl and 5$ bud lights...a solid stiff head spinning effort.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

With Staal out a while, we are definitely short a center. Would be interesting to see how the line up goes with Ferland & Nino in there.

does Turbo move down with Svech and Aho has two huge wingers? Does the 2C get to have Ferland and Svech as wingers? 

Do we go 7D again?

Brindy states Staal hasn't even started to skate yet. At some point I think you have to look at shutting him down for the season. If I was him I'd be thinking about his career rather than getting back for 10-15 games with a chance for more harm. It would probably take a half dozen games to even get back into the flow....for what? 

• Like 1

Slaps No.1 key to the game.....We need Ferland and NN to get in close to MAF space early. Make him get happy feet and screen his vision early. 

Wow slap with the rare triple post. Must be hitting the bottle very early. Will you even be functional by a 7:30 game time?

In all seriousness we need this game for more then the points. Coming off the break we need a win, 2 points and a good showing. The good thing is this is a team from the west so going to OT doesnt really matter as long as we get the 2. I said in another thread to make the play offs these guys need a few things. Mainly to not let losses get them down. Need to rebound the next game after every loss. If they can get a few win streaks and avoid losing streaks they have a good chance to make the dance. Also some of the teams we are chasing seem to be in a rut (BJ's and Craps)

• Like 1

It's been too long so i really don't remember who's on the team and how they play.  Hopefully they remember better than i do and remind me quickly.  Show up to play from the first faceoff and i like their chances.

6 minutes ago, Stealth-ch1 said:

Fleury back to Charlotte, so hopefully that means we've got guys healthy (minus Staal).

I hope Ferland and Bishop are ready.  I guess they were a game day decision and that is why Fleury was up in the first place.

Edited by gocanes0506

Has there been mention of Ferland being good to go? 

You know you put Ferland and Nino out there and the line up doesn't really look that weak. 

TT/Aho/Ferland/Nino/Walmark/Williams/Svech/McKegg/Martinook/Foegele/Bishop/McGinn. 

A lot of thump too. 

5 minutes ago, remkin said:

Has there been mention of Ferland being good to go? 

Haven't  seen anything yet,hopeful wishing on my part. Hard to see a guy like Ferland out after a week off unless his injury was worse than I thought. He's probably going nuts not being able to hit anyone for a week.

Edited by slapshot02
  • Like 1

McKegg has 6 points and 3 goals in 11 games. (22 G/44 point pace). 

Looking back we traded Josh Joorish for him. Never thought he'd contribute even that much at the NHL level. Could be an interesting option at 4C even next year. I like Bishop too, but he hasn't produced offense. 

1 minute ago, remkin said:

McKegg has 6 points and 3 goals in 11 games. (22 G/44 point pace). 

Looking back we traded Josh Joorish for him. Never thought he'd contribute even that much at the NHL level. Could be an interesting option at 4C even next year. I like Bishop too, but he hasn't produced offense. 

Just going to state the same,I'd rather see McKegg over Bishop. McKegg has more lateral movement and play making ability.

• Like 2

The lights are down at PNC Arena today at the Canes skate. Not seeing Justin Williams.

From Chip Alexander's twitter.

Trying to get any info about line ups. Not sure what it means.

13 minutes ago, remkin said:
ore

The lights are down at PNC Arena today at the Canes skate. Not seeing Justin Williams.

From Chip Alexander's twitter.

Trying to get any info about line ups. Not sure what it means.

Black Friday play on words?

Looks like J Willy is good to go

So I assume McE is back and practicing even if not starting? And "all other Canes" minus Staal means Ferland too and Bishop?

I'd  like us to steal this game in the first period. Come out with all pistons firing and catch them flat after the break. Go Canes!

Line-up from the Canes page. Bishop is not even mentioned as scratched, Dmen are mixed again:

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Ferland-Wallmark-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Martinook-McGinn
Foegele-McKegg-Maenalanen

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
de Haan-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

Mrazek
McElhinney

Scratches: Staal (upper body; injured reserve)

3 hours ago, Derailed75 said:

Wow slap with the rare triple post. Must be hitting the bottle very early. Will you even be functional by a 7:30 game time?

:rofl: <=That's the one of biggest reasons why I am following this board that long.

8 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

:rofl: <=That's the one of biggest reasons why I am following this board that long.

Sometimes you have to try really hard and not be funny, sometimes great ones fall right in your lap.

Also the extra posts got deleted now no one will know what the heck I'm talking about

• Like 1