The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Back From the Break: Vegas Knights at Raleigh, 7:30

10 minutes ago, OBXer said:

In a word de Hann. I don't think it can be understated how important it has been for Faulk to have a reliable partner. The last couple of seasons he was mostly skating with Hanifin or Fluery. Both are talented and both are young.They made rookie like mistakes and often left Faulk without a outlet and many times forced him to cover up their mistakes around the net. Before that he skated with Hainsey and he was reliable enough.

It looks like he has dedicated himself to be better defensively and he is playing stronger but having a reliable partner who will be where he is suppose to be can't be underestimated. Even when he isn't paired with de Hann he looks better  I suspect because of the confidense he has gained skating with him

I don't entirely disagree, but I don't think giving the credit to DeHaan accounts for most of it. Faulk actually did make a lot of mistakes playing with Hainsey and also with Sekera. He didn't get to -108 because of Fleury.

I guess I'd flip the weighting of it. I love DeHaan. That was a hugely underrated pick up. He is just rock solid. He has absolutely helped Faulk. But I think something else is the majority of it. Like you said he's playing well with other partners too, and it was too pervasively bad for 4 years and is too pervasively good now for it to just be his parter. I think it is mostly him. Though surely supported by a stellar defensive partner.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OBXer said:

He is known as a second half of the season player but he sure has some ground to make up. If he does wake up all will be forgiven

Looked it up.

Last 13 games: 5 goals, 9 points, +7.  (I'll refrain from my patented projections, but suffice it to say: pretty good).

I know the whole team has been good, but he still could have been outlier bad, and instead he's been right there adding to the upside in a pretty major way. 

That was McGinn's best game of the year. (According to those who know more. Heh.)

This team is clearly all-in. Good on Roddy for helping that happen, and good on them for making it a reality. At this point it feels like line combos don't even matter, and that's the surest sign of a team that has truly come together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Hmmm... a huge win, and no Fat Stacks.

I'm shocked, shocked...

Thought the same thing, in fact very quiet during this nice stretch. I'm sure a loss will bring back the "I told you so".

• Like 1

I received my request of maximum Piggy-ness last night. Had to watch most of it today on DVR. Great game. This team is playing with confidence no matter what the score. And they actually closed out last night!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ja1964 said:

that was a great game and effort by the canes last night 3 pts out of 8th place  bill peters is next

Bill who?

5af1e5467e241.image.jpg

• Like 1

Finally got a chance to watch the game after not being home on Friday.   Sure was nice to get the win over Vegas.  :yippee:

Loved that kick pass by Williams for a goal :lol: