The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Back From the Break: Vegas Knights at Raleigh, 7:30

9 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
de Haan-van Riemsdyk

These D pairs are curious. I like that TVR is back on his natural side but that puts Pesce on the left side and off of the Slavin pair. :spin:.

9 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Crap a back up goalie. Smart move by Vegas

This is a little different though. It is his first start in the NHL this year for Vegas and was far from stellar in the AHL. Test him early and light him up.

27 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Line-up from the Canes page. Bishop is not even mentioned as scratched, Dmen are mixed again:

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Ferland-Wallmark-Teravainen
Svechnikov-Martinook-McGinn
Foegele-McKegg-Maenalanen

Outside of Martinook playing center and McGinn up on the third, those lines don't seem too bad. Having Ferland and NN both in there just looks so much better than either plus Rask. 

Keeping TT and Aho separate still. I might have flipped NN and Ferland and TT and Williams, but just seems like more firepower and physical than in the past. 

I know this team has rolled without Jordan, but I can't help but think putting Jordan in place of Marinook would be a big upgrade (slide Martinook to wing). 

Gotta think Bishop should get some Charlotte time before getting back in if he's still out.

4 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

This is a little different though. It is his first start in the NHL this year for Vegas and was far from stellar in the AHL. Test him early and light him up.

Mostly a joke, although I do find it pretty funny how they seam to be able to chase the leagues top goalies (Bob, Rinne) yet at times struggle with nobodies

• Like 2

Just now, Derailed75 said:

Mostly a joke, although I do find it pretty funny how they seam to be able to chase the leagues top goalies (Bob, Rinne) yet at times struggle with nobodies

I get it and it has been a MO for years. That needs to change.

3 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

I get it and it has been a MO for years. That needs to change.

you are 7 post away from that MAGIC 5000

8 minutes ago, remkin said:

Outside of Martinook playing center and McGinn up on the third, those lines don't seem too bad. Having Ferland and NN both in there just looks so much better than either plus Rask. 

Keeping TT and Aho separate still. I might have flipped NN and Ferland and TT and Williams, but just seems like more firepower and physical than in the past. 

I know this team has rolled without Jordan, but I can't help but think putting Jordan in place of Marinook would be a big upgrade (slide Martinook to wing). 

Gotta think Bishop should get some Charlotte time before getting back in if he's still out.

Not sure what it takes for Svech to get some better line mates. Looks like Skinner and Derek Ryan all over again. It's time to let Svech play with the top six. Good grief!  

Wait we are putting Williams with Aho and making Svech play third line with Martinook and McGinn. I guess zero organizational learning occured with Skinner.

• Like 2

Yeah, I know, the back ups. But I'd still so much rather face Legacy. And this group has been scoring. Vegas is back to back and I guess they fear Florida more. Fine. Make them pay:

This is Legacy this year:

VGK 16 14 6 7 0 1 430 57 3.91 373 .867

Come on! .867? Almost 4 goals per game? Darling can make fun of that with a straight face. Get on him early. Get that scoring feeling going again.

1 minute ago, spyglass88 said:

Not sure what it takes for Svech to get some better line mates. Looks like Skinner and Derek Ryan all over again. It's time to let Svech play with the top six. Good grief!  

Until he gets his stick under control he isnt getting any higher. Also the to line is working 

Yeah, I like getting Svech with more talent too, especially to get him going. But Martinook has really mentored him, and well, McGinn has been playing better. Also Svech is still a teenager. He'll be moved up soon enough. And Brindy is giving him some tough love or sheltering (depending on your vantage) in terms of playing D, playing away from the puck, and controlling the stick infractions.  And finally, this is just to start. At some point things can juggle if they're not working. 

10 minutes ago, remkin said:

Yeah, I know, the back ups. But I'd still so much rather face Legacy. And this group has been scoring. Vegas is back to back and I guess they fear Florida more. Fine. Make them pay:

This is Legacy this year:

VGK 16 14 6 7 0 1 430 57 3.91 373 .867

Come on! .867? Almost 4 goals per game? Darling can make fun of that with a straight face. Get on him early. Get that scoring feeling going again.

And that's career,no starts in the NHL this year,all starts have been in the AHL this year.

48 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

organizational learning

Organizational my patoot. Bench management, you mean. 

You got an 18-year-old with more testosterone in one thumb than that of everyone on this board - combined - who hasn't played in a week, ready to bust down the starting gate. Cut him loose for cryin' out loud, at least for a few shifts, and see if it pays off. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Organizational my patoot. Bench management, you mean. 

You got an 18-year-old with more testosterone in one thumb than that of everyone on this board - combined - who hasn't played in a week, ready to bust down the starting gate. Cut him loose for cryin' out loud, at least for a few shifts, and see if it pays off. 

SAT line would be fun for a few shifts at least. Let the bull run loose in the China  Shop with Aho TT against a guy in his first NHL start of the year. A quick first period goal wouldn't hurt.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

SAT line would be fun for a few shifts at least. Let the bull run loose in the China  Shop with Aho TT against a guy in his first NHL start of the year. A quick first period goal wouldn't hurt.

Three or four would be even better.

What does it say about VGK's opinion of the Canes that, fully rested, they're going to give us a backup playing his first NHL game of the season so they can apparently save MAF for a battle tomorrow against the ruthless Panthers?  Yowzie.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

What does it say about VGK's opinion of the Canes that, fully rested, they're going to give us a backup playing his first NHL game of the season so they can apparently save MAF for a battle tomorrow against the ruthless Panthers?  Yowzie.

IDK makes me question their thought process.