The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Calgary at Carolina, Sunday, 2PM, Paster vs. Pupil, Keep it Rolling!

th?id=OIP.AHau_AOVcR3C5QX2H6vAGAHaEK&pid  vs   th?id=OIP.m2FsZCaCeQwKQ1GCL6cOjAHaE0&pid

33-14-5                                                                    25-20-6

Calgary at Carolina, 2:00 PM, PNC

How does Calgary keep getting these Sunday afternoon games in Raleigh? Historically, they've caught us napping every time. But this Canes team seems different from those past teams. Can we keep this run rolling? 

We have a big chunk of last year's team coming back to play us. Maybe they will think they're back with the old Canes on that Sunday snooze fest. Maybe they will be thinking about the Super Bowl party back at the hotel after the game.

We gave Calgary all they could handle last time. We will need to keep scoring goals to win this. So far we are scoring at a 4.00 goals per game clip. It might take that. Calgary is 16-10 on the road among the league's best road records.

This is a day early so goalie and line ups pending. 

If the Canes win this one I will officially move into Believer status. And then just start thinking about off shore real estate. 

• Like 3

We are not remotely the same team they played last time. Planning on getting “horny” for this one tomorrow.

1 hour ago, cc said:

We are not remotely the same team they played last time. Planning on getting “horny” for this one tomorrow.

Ummm...we played em last week 

4 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Ummm...we played em last week 

At home? I don’t remember being there. Was speaking of November. I was there for that one.

32 minutes ago, cc said:

At home? I don’t remember being there. Was speaking of November. I was there for that one.

We didn't play the Flames in November.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PamlicoPuck said:

BJ's lost again..Those 2pts for today's game are big.....

HUGE

• Like 2

No concern here, Canes thump BP and his Lacko-Taco-esque filtered water commercials to the curb in this one.

Canes 199

Flamers 1.1

• Like 2

This is going to be a war, im sensing OT, hope its a Canes win in regulation, who is in net?

46 minutes ago, dinz said:

This is going to be a war, im sensing OT, hope its a Canes win in regulation, who is in net?

It's either Big Mac or Sneaky Pete...you're welcome ;)

• Like 1

Looks like Forslund is calling the Bruins-Caps game on NBC. Jayson Shaya back up from Charlotte for our game. Hopefully Shaya can call a win here, (he's had a lot of practice calling wins for Charlotte this year) and Forslund, I'm saying Bruins lose in regulation is the best thing. I just can't see the Caps truly falling out of it.

• Like 1

Hoping for the win but not necessarily expecting it. Trying to balance what I rationally believe the Canes now are (a low seed playoff caliber team, whether they actually make it or not) with where my emotions are trying to lead me based on recent play, i.e., that the Canes are what this recent hot streak indicates, which would be one of the top teams in the league.

Edited by LakeLivin

One step forward or two steps back? Whatever the outcome, the post-game comments should be interesting. 

I just tuned into the Craps/B's game on NBC...and heard Forslund's voice...this is NOT a good start to the day!

edit: Well, at least it's a better voice than that ***hat, Doc Emerick!

Edited by AWACSooner

Instead of feeling like every game is a "must", I'm gonna try and view this whole month in the light of every 2 points we can get as providing padding in reducing the amount of must wins having to come later down the real stretch of 15-20. If the identity has really finally set in, which we easily can find reason to doubt, then the last 3 weeks would say CGY has their hands full just as much as we do. Gotta say though, I love that we are playing truly meaningful stuff in February, and the difference from past hopefuls, seems to me that there's a big difference between actually chasing realistic spots, and usually needing to jump 3 or 4 teams to get in that spot to chase. Guess that's the difference between our usual Januarys and the one we just had. 

• Like 1

Yeah 2nd sacker, we can't expect wins every time. For me I just want to see the same game. If they keep at this game they can, and even likely will make it.

Historically, this Sunday afternoon Calgary game has been a major letdown game. I know because I've been there shaking my head at least twice. So I'd like to see that not happen. To me that would be another sign that this time, things are different.

Still, two points here, with a 5 game road trip coming up, would help a lot.

• Like 1

https://www.newsobserver.com/sports/article225456210.html

Highlight of the article:

While Peters is a meticulous coach when it comes to preparation, he did plan on spending a leisurely afternoon Saturday. His daughter, Aleze, attends East Carolina and he was headed to Greenville. Buy her a new cell phone, maybe take in a movie and dinner, Peters said.

She's got a loooooooooooong commute home now for that Kinetico!

2 minutes ago, dinz said:

Getting out to an early lead would be nice...

retaining a lead when the clock says 0:00 would be even better ;)