The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Calgary at Carolina, Sunday, 2PM, Paster vs. Pupil, Keep it Rolling!

6 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

I've only seen Rod win one call this entire season...

Actually I believe it's 2, and that's 2 better than his predecessor ever did?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Actually I believe it's 2, and that's 2 better than his predecessor ever did?

Nah, Peters never challenged the interference ones, he always challenged offsides

14 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Actually pretty surprised on Lindy's actions. I guess signing a new contract allowed him to become an AH.

Being put with actual talent probably didn't hurt either, something this org would never spend on while he was here. I don't condone what he did, but I can understand his disdain for this org and the way it treated him. Pretty lousy. Mocking the fans, though, doesn't make sense. Peeing in TD's pencil drawer, however...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

We lost again for the same reason - special teams failure.  It was also some of the worst team defense I've seen.

Yup. Team did not get up for this game. Just for the first 10 minutes.

7 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Nah, Peters never challenged the interference ones, he always challenged offsides

The two Roddy has won were both on offsides - and in back-to-back games, IIRC - so I'm not seeing your point.

Earlier (just before you gave up on the game, midway through) you asked if I post just to be curmudgeonly toward you. I could ask the same of your constant complaining about the refs. I feel like I'm back in Philly: A loss was always because the officials hated the Flyers, while wins were obviously due to the team's absolute superiority. Please. This game just doesn't work that way, and as a guy who plays it, you know that.

2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Being put with actual talent probably didn't hurt either, something this org would never spend on while he was here. I don't condone what he did, but I can understand his disdain for this org and the way it treated him. Pretty lousy. Mocking the fans, though, doesn't make sense. Peeing in TD's pencil drawer, however...

top, while I get that Lindholm likely begrudges the way he APPEARS to have been treated, several things he did demonstrated, to me at least, that he is classless and immature. Not sure if you were in attendance at PNC, but if you were not, you missed his antics which again to me were 2 y/o mentality. I did not focus on him the entire game, but in one sequence going off the ice, I observed him shove, cross check and hit 3 different Canes. Why? Now I realize that he is in fact ONLY 24 years old, thus could be youthful acting, then again why take out your frustrations over organizational malfeasance of not providing you with players to complement your skills, on your one time teammates? No, thats the action of a punk, and if that's his style as he tries to emulate his childhood Swedish idol (Lindstrom as I recall), than GOOD RIDDANCE as far as I'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

APPEARS to have been treated

There's no "appearances" about being rushed to the NHL; being expected to perform, with no AHL time, like a generational talent--when you were actually an above-average player in an average draft class; being shuffled all over the lineup throughout your tenure, and then, despite persevering through it all, being moved out when it was time for your reward.

Again, I don't condone how he showed his *edit*, to the fans or in-game. You are right, it was classless. I'd have been a lot more impressed if he'd taken the high road, like Skinner. But hockey is a game of emotional momentum, and some guys are gonna opt for getting under former teammates' (and fans') skins. But to the victors go the spoils, and that's what happened yesterday. Three former Canes returned to PNC and beat their old team. Nothing more, nothing less.

A lot of fans around the league think our post-win cellies are in-your-face and classless. I don't agree, but my point is that Lindholm chose to rub our faces in them. So what? Getting upset about it is pointless. If we want to be upset about something, how about the fact that, yet again, this team played 10 minutes of great hockey--then hung their keeper out to dry the rest of the night.  

On 2/3/2019 at 6:12 PM, slapshot02 said:

Brindy stated in the post game interview that there is not a coach in the NHL that can define what Goaltender interference is. NHL needs better perimeters around this. Right now it's a 50/50 call.

I think the rule is crystal clear. If the contact call wipes out a goal for a small market American team, it is not interference. If the contract wipes out a goal for a Canadian team, it is interference. It’s simple, really.

Edited by bluedevilcane
  • Like 1

hurricanes played hard last night .at this time Calgary is just a better teams. I like the FIGHT and EFFORT  the hurricanes give. it should play off when plays off come around

6 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

There's no "appearances" about being rushed to the NHL; being expected to perform, with no AHL time, like a generational talent--when you were actually an above-average player in an average draft class; being shuffled all over the lineup throughout your tenure, and then, despite persevering through it all, being moved out when it was time for your reward.

Again, I don't condone how he showed his *edit*, to the fans or in-game. You are right, it was classless. I'd have been a lot more impressed if he'd taken the high road, like Skinner. But hockey is a game of emotional momentum, and some guys are gonna opt for getting under former teammates' (and fans') skins. But to the victors go the spoils, and that's what happened yesterday. Three former Canes returned to PNC and beat their old team. Nothing more, nothing less.

A lot of fans around the league think our post-win cellies are in-your-face and classless. I don't agree, but my point is that Lindholm chose to rub our faces in them. So what? Getting upset about it is pointless. If we want to be upset about something, how about the fact that, yet again, this team played 10 minutes of great hockey--then hung their keeper out to dry the rest of the night.  

I get that top, and believe me I understand that it is, thank goodness, an emotional game. and your point about him being brought up too early, rushed as you say, I suppose is one sided (ie wasn't his doing). But the point that steams me is taking out his emotion driven anger on ex-teammates, who had nothing at all to do with how he was being treated, is juvenile. Now, I presume you are not in the locker room, as I am not, and realizing what that word portends, but I'd further say that if this was the picture he presented in private, that I personally have no problem with his trade.

• Like 1