The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Canesfanforever

Next time Canes play Flames

5 minutes ago, caniac6 said:

So, Lindy acts like a jerk, so we should too. The best revenge is winning.

No...but you also don’t let classless cheap shots go unpunished 

4 minutes ago, dinz said:

Lindholm used to be my favorite Cane, no more!

Same here. Really disappointed.

Immature and classless move.

At least now I can feel better about him being gone.

• Like 1

Now we just have to get to the SC final so we can exact our revenge this season.

• Like 1

Bitter much?

Whats up with that?

To the victor goes the spoils I guess. Whatevs. 

Not our fault he sucked here. 

Next time we win there, I say hang around and do the storm surge on their home ice. ****

Edited by sleekfeeder

13 hours ago, OBXer said:

Now we just have to get to the SC final so we can exact our revenge this season.

You think Calgary’s going to the finals? I don’t think they’re a team built for the playoffs.

1 hour ago, PenaltyKiller17 said:

You think Calgary’s going to the finals? I don’t think they’re a team built for the playoffs.

Only if we do 😁

I wasn't there nor did I see the game but I guess this question is for people that attended the game. In your opinion was Lindholm booed enough to warrant him giving it back to the crowd?

If he was booed all game, then it's not surprise he and his teammates fired it back. He's not a former Cane worth booing, he's not even in the remote likes of former pieces of crap named Primeau, HWSNBN, Babchuk and O'Neill. He didn't find that next gear for us but he didn't disgrace the Hurricanes...up until potentially yesterday.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

I wasn't there nor did I see the game but I guess this question is for people that attended the game. In your opinion was Lindholm booed enough to warrant him giving it back to the crowd?

If he was booed all game, then it's not surprise he and his teammates fired it back. He's not a former Cane worth booing, he's not even in the remote likes of former pieces of crap named Primeau, HWSNBN, Babchuk and O'Neill. He didn't find that next gear for us but he didn't disgrace the Hurricanes...up until potentially yesterday.

He said in his postgame that his name was shown on the jumbotron a couple times and he was booed, so apparently that was his return fire.

55 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

He said in his postgame that his name was shown on the jumbotron a couple times and he was booed, so apparently that was his return fire.

The only boos I heard were:

- "Welcome back former Canes"  A whole list if names, including the coach.  Boos here were corporate boos.

- When his name was announced as a point getter after a goal.  Hannifin and Ryan got the same treatment for that. 

So, I didn't see anything specific for poor old Lindy.

BTW, the corporate welcome back got a good degree of boos.  The specific goal announcements were mostly scattered.

Edited by wxray1

18 hours ago, caniac6 said:

So, Lindy acts like a jerk, so we should too. The best revenge is winning.

Yes....I say take him out.  This organization and fan base supported him all those years when he was a little short of mediocre.  Now he is having a good year, and for no reason sticks his thumb in our eye.  I hope he falls of the map.

18 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Take the high road.  Just send him a tube of toothpaste for his birthday instead.

Not many things I read make me laugh out loud.  This one did.

He does have some grungy teeth.

I just replied to a poster on another thread that I watched Lindholm's immature antics ON THE ICE, prior to the ending insult. In one sequence, as he was exiting a shift, I saw him engage 3 Canes, pushing, cross checking and punching them. That's just totally "goonery", classless and immature as far as I'm concerned, uncalled for and I can only wish that hockey karma will deal with him. I recall that he always cites his Swedish idol as whom he patterns his game after, and I can't recall who that is but think it's Nicklas Lindstrom, but whoever, I'm sure they would be proud of their protégée?

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

I recall that he always cites his Swedish idol as whom he patterns his game after, and I can't recall who that is but think it's Nicklas Lindstrom, but whoever, I'm sure they would be proud of their protégée?

It’s Peter Forsberg.

He played with an edge but I don’t remember him engaging in too many “antics” or other BS. He was involved in some intense rivalries though.

I had to laugh when I saw Lidstrom, he’s about as classy as it gets. His teammates called him “the perfect human being” because of the way he dressed, carried himself, and the way he played.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kyrule said:

It’s Peter Forsberg.

He played with an edge but I don’t remember him engaging in too many “antics” or other BS. He was involved in some intense rivalries though.

I had to laugh when I saw Lidstrom, he’s about as classy as it gets. His teammates called him “the perfect human being” because of the way he dressed, carried himself, and the way he played.

Neither of those players acted like that. Forsberg had an edge to his game, but it stopped at that. Strictly physical, and all on the ice. Nothing of the nature of fan antagonizing. 

Both have the stats to back it up too. This guy has done didly squadoosh. 

Edited by sleekfeeder
  • Like 1

What an utter and complete lack of class. I hope somebody has told Lindholm that if JR had done what every draft expert was predicting and taken Monahan instead of him, we’d have our 1C and probably been to the playoffs at least a couple of times. Ironic that Lindholm never produced like a top draft pick until he played on a line with the guy we should have taken in his place. I can only hope that Calgary is bounced from the playoffs in the first round, and Lindholm’s production falls back to his Raleigh level for the remainder of his contract. It’s a shame that Ferland will probably be gone when we next play Calgary. I know who I’d put my money on.