The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

First Annual Canes “Bunch of Jerks” Fest (aka: Message Board Meet & Greet)

First (and maybe only) annual Carolina Hurricanes Message Board Fan Meet-up in Raleigh  

9 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What day?

• Saturday, 23 March...Canes vs. Wild
    • Sunday, 24 March...Canes vs. Habs
  2. 2. Where at?

• Backyard Bistro by the arena
    • Carolina Ale House (location TBD)
    • Other (insert suggestions in comments below)

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/15/2019 at 05:00 AM

Given both these games are weekend events, there is a chance I may make either or both of them. I'm fair game for either. Leaning toward the Mild game.

For those of us with Midwest origins who hate the North Stars/Wild, this is a bonus (unless you're from Minn, in which I'll do my best to be polite)

Edited by surfzone365

1 hour ago, Bonivan said:

@AWACSooner which game is THE game? I need to get a ticket and given how Canes play the last two months it might be not that easy thing to do.

Looking like the Wild game, based upon current polling numbers 

Ok guys, I just chatted with the folks at Backyard Bistro, and it’s “first come” seating on game days...so if we want to hold this meet up there, what about a 430/5 pm meet up?

Depending how many plan on showing up, might wanna make it an hour or so earlier. Won't be seating for a large group usually by around 4. Being saturday, lot of groups watch their college basketball there on saturdays too.

You may want to consider Edward's Mill Bar and Grill. Canes country and always has room available. Decent food, good beer and just up the road from the arena.I stopped going to Backyard Bistro due to crowds.

Edited by slapshot02

One more week to vote.

Final information (when/where) will be announced next Friday 

Question for the masses before the final details are announced: I know it's March Madness and y'all are a HUGE b-ball region (frankly, we don't give two you-know-what's about it here as we're a football conference...except for Kansas)...how do you think this would affect the pre-game crowds at Backyard Bistro?  My line of thinking is to have this meet-and-greet there, as it would make it much more convenient for those who wish to enjoy an adult beverage before the game to not have to drive to the arena afterwards.  HOWEVER, given they don't take reservations, I'm looking at Edwards Mill Bar and Grill as a backup location.

Thoughts (but not prayers ;) ) would be appreciated...as soon as possible.

Well ladies and gents, given how little replies I've had here the past two weeks...are folks even interested in it anymore?

If I can get a ticket and no last minute family conflict, I would come so long as it is at Backyard Bistro and I could park at PNC and walk over. Never been there so would love some feedback on what to expect crowd-wise depending on what time we start. As far as basketball goes, as my handle suggests, I am a long-time serious Duke fan. But this is why I have a DVR. If Duke loses in the second round, I don’t want to see it. If they win, I can watch stress free later. So going to the Canes game is a win-win. Besides, Duke is in the tournament every year. I’ve been waiting 10 years for the Canes to return to the playoffs!

Well, mini-me and I will be at Backyard Bistro at 4:30 pm next Saturday...if any of y’all can make it...

On 3/17/2019 at 11:45 AM, AWACSooner said:

Well, mini-me and I will be at Backyard Bistro at 4:30 pm next Saturday...if any of y’all can make it...

I be there-

• Like 1

Let’s do this again in the future. The 3/23 meetup was a small gathering but a great one.  Maybe we muster up a larger showing next time 👍🏽

8 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Hey guys where do you get the Jerks T-Shirts?

They are still available at The Eye team store.  If you are not in the local area any time soon, the official on-line store for the Canes is carolinaproshop.com.  I checked just now and they’re still available there too.  Pricey at $32, but a cool momento of the season...

• Like 1