The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Rags...8 Feb, 2019

Just now, AWACSooner said:

Rags have had so many open net chances...eventually, they’ll pot one 

They’ve had 3 or 4 so far. Feels good to be lucky enough to be tied still.

Ballsy Neids went for the no move fake move, or he really screwed up but I think he tried to make Hank move and let it slide in.

• Like 1

I'm not complaining. Those power plays didn't lead to goals but they were both dangerous. A decent period. These dudes are just hard to score on. They hustle like nobody's business. You gotta out work them. They're doing some good things. Keep it up.

• Like 1

You can build a game on that period, but the PP has to get better if the Canes want to go anywhere in the... dare I think it, let alone type it?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

The canes never do well in back to back nights especially  on the road .    hopefully  this trend will die some day .  

We are 6-0-0 in the third game of a 3 games in 4 days.  Not sure we don’t do well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

We are 6-0-0 in the third game of a 3 games in 4 days.  Not sure we don’t do well.

yesterday and today meaning back to back nights .     if the canes have a day of rest  or more then   they can get by .  

5 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

yesterday and today meaning back to back nights .     if the canes have a day of rest  or more then   they can get by .  

The third game of a 3 in 4 can also be the 2nd game of the b2b.  

I love when  mrazek is on his  ( A ) game   but the one thing i see in his style vs McElhinney   is that  Mrazek tends to over play the puck a ton .  and he is not  that great on long shots on him where as  Mac    seems to have no problem with it .   just something i noticed .   maybe  petr  might stop trying to over play the puck and let the puck come to him like mac  does when he gets to that age .  maybe not , i dont know .   What are you guys thoughts  on How Mrazek  plays the game vs Mac ?  tonight he is  good so far  but  i kinda wish he  would chill on the over playing .   and by over playing the puck i mean  trying to make suicide dives  or  " Hightlight reel saves "  for a simple save that dont need to be exhausted . 

The rags have always been good at getting a stick on passes and pucks. Usually though they're trapping Us in the neutral zone tonight they're barely keeping it out of their goal so that's a big improvement from usual.

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

The third game of a 3 in 4 can also be the 2nd game of the b2b.  

I dont see it that way but that's your opinion  and i have a different one .   i do see the canes not playing with the ton of energy  that they had against the pens .     if they can manage to win thats great and all  but  the effort and hustle is not as present tonight like it was against the pens , just my opinion . 

13 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Why won't the puck score in this building?  Good start otherwise.  Wear em down.d

Lundqvist comes to mind as a contributing factor. :grin:

12 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

I'm not complaining. Those power plays didn't lead to goals but they were both dangerous. A decent period. These dudes are just hard to score on. They hustle like nobody's business. You gotta out work them. They're doing some good things. Keep it up.

They remind me of us.  A PITA to play against.

• Like 1