The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Debbils, 10 Feb 19

Mrazek  is not a consistent  goalie ,  If he could manage to play at a high level   when called upon that would  great  for us because then it would solve the issue of needing a reliable goalie long term  .   I think Mrazek is capable if he were to tone it down a bit  and let the game come to him like we see with  McElhinney .  if he just work on that  and get better i would not hesitate on giving him  a 2 year contract .    but i have only seen glimpses of it .  And as for the canes defense ?  I would say we are sooooooooooooooo close to being the Level of that of nashvilles .   just need to get a few better players back there and we are solid !

1 minute ago, wxray1 said:

Wearing white, we're screwed.

Oh wait, maybe it is the inept power play.  Never mind.

In a few other threads, we've talked about chance of making playoffs.  I gave some numbers.  What I forgot to mention is if we can't score on the power play, we're screwed for playoffs.  Period.

You forgot to mention that as long as we keep playing teams with ex-Canes we’re also screwed!

All I can say is if we were up 2-0 with 40 min left half of you would be scared we would blow the lead.

It works both ways.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, hag65 said:

All I can say is if we were up 2-0 with 40 min left half of you would be scared we would blow the lead.

It works both ways.

True, because we have a bad habit of letting teams back into it...just like we have a bad habit of not pulling off a comeback 

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

True, because we have a bad habit of letting teams back into it...just like we have a bad habit of not pulling off a comeback 

Not true.  It doesnt matter how many times you say stuff it doesnt make it true.

• Like 3

Following the game via choppy WiFi and poor overall signals. Shout loud when something good happens ... I see we’re finally on the board.

2 minutes ago, hag65 said:

Not true.  It doesnt matter how many times you say stuff it doesnt make it true.

Want me to pull the stats from the last decade?

So tiny little SeaBass will do what a C is paid to do, go to the slot and pay the price to stay there, keeping the D off-balance. Not the five-inches-taller Jordan Staal, not the (typically) physically tougher Wallmark or McKegg... need I continue?