The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Debbils, 10 Feb 19

Sorry guys about multiple posts above, but had malfunction of my laptop? Kept pushing post and nothing happened? Of course I could claim this mesmerizing game was doing it to me, haha.

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

Sorry guys about multiple posts above, but had malfunction of my laptop? Kept pushing post and nothing happened? Of course I could claim this mesmerizing game was doing it to me, haha.

Thank you

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Wearing white, we're screwed.

Oh wait, maybe it is the inept power play.  Never mind.

In a few other threads, we've talked about chance of making playoffs.  I gave some numbers.  What I forgot to mention is if we can't score on the power play, we're screwed for playoffs.  Period.

It's well documented the PP is not really all that important, the PK on the other hand is crucial

Steaming pile (on the play in 1st period): “Our PP was really bad.”

Time for another Marley commercial!

22 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Too much negativity for me.  I'll enjoy the game minus the commentary.

To many negative vibes....where's the tank?

Any of you watching the game via DirecTV? If you are fortunate to have a 4K TV and a C61K receiver Pebble Beach is looking spectacular! If only we could get the Marley girl in 4K!

3 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Canes are so close of being one of those upper echelon teams .  just add the right players  over the next few years and we will be in it . I believe in Brindy ! 

If they had started the season the way they started the year the only team we would be chasing is the lightning. Thinking we are a bit closer then a few players away in fact the only change I would make is moving Svech to the 2nd and Ferland to the 3rd. Can you imagine the chances Svech, Wallly, and TT could make and the toughness Ferls, Nook, and McGinn would bring 

Edited by Derailed75

1 minute ago, OBXer said:

A one goal game. We got this

I concur.  Thats why it is a 60 min game.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

One of these days, I will play in that alumni game 

Totally. Life's too short and the cause too good to miss that opportunity.

Just now, top-shelf-1 said:

Totally. Life's too short and the cause too good to miss that opportunity.

I just gotta learn how to switch from skating forwards to backwards (and vice versa) without falling on my *edit*

39 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

So tiny little SeaBass will do what a C is paid to do, go to the slot and pay the price to stay there, keeping the D off-balance. Not the five-inches-taller Jordan Staal, not the (typically) physically tougher Wallmark or McKegg... need I continue?

Come on Top, theres less then 10 guys in the league you could compare Aho to.

8 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

If they had started the season the way they started the year the only team we would be chasing is the lightning. Thinking we are a bit closer then a few players away in fact the only change I would make is moving Svech to the 2nd and Ferland to the 3rd. Can you imagine the chances Svech, Wallly, and TT could make and the toughness Ferls, Nook, and McGinn would bring 

Svechnikov needs a top end talent to compliment him  and as for all the lines , they need  right hand shots   on offense , right now they only have williams ,  this is why the defense keeps jumping into the play to fill in that missing slot .    i think the canes  could manage to get some top end players   via trade .  from what i have seen is  we dont need Staal  but i do wonder what the canes could get via trade for him . if he is on a no trade clause then that puts a wrench in our plans .  

Edited by Canesfanforever

1 minute ago, Derailed75 said:

Come on Top, theres less then 10 guys in the league you could compare Aho to.

Not sure I follow you, but if so, you don't have to be elite to hold net-front. You only have to be a good skater, and be willing to get pummeled--and to pummel back.