The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Sens, 12 Feb 19

The final game of the road trip...time to exact a little revenge for last month.

7 pm...Canadian Tire Blowout Centre 

Typical Canes foe, play down to those below us, while on fire with those above? Lets put these guys away early and bring a consolation prize back, Stone or Dzingel?

• Like 1

First, clearly if we ever could get a Senator, I covet Stone. That is the guy. Worth the cash.

Second, I do get the feeling this is a potentially important game in part because they have to get through the dreaded first home game after a long trip (which I will be at hoping they can overcome that issue). But if they lose this then lose the first game back, it would really potentially derail the run. 

Hopefully they come out strong and keep the pedal down. 

Hopefully we see McE. 

One game at a time, one point (2) at a time. Another important game. You can hardly call one loss a skid but each loss is magnified at the moment by the looming trade deadline. Waddell says this road trip will determine what we do, buy or sell.  We are now 3 points out of third and a wildcard. A loss almost negates what has been accomplished while a win puts us in a very good spot. A loss wouldn't put us out of the hunt but it would make the climb back into a playoff spot a little steeper.

Is Ferland going to be put on the shelf or is he good to go? With Brown up I suppose we will be very careful with Ferland even if it is just soreness that kept him out of practice.

An important game for so many reasons.

• Like 2

Bounce back needed. I said awhile ago they wont win every game and the key is to not let the losses mount. The last game stunk more then usual only because they would have been officially in a playoff spot if they won. The good thing about losing games to teams like the Devils is they are out so at least we didnt "give points" to teams we are chasing

I'm not going to annoy everyone by quoting my own post once again, but it still stands.  We lost the last one, which was the only one we could afford to lose.  Win this one, we can go back to Raleigh and continue this run.  Lose it, and as far as i'm concerned we become sellers.  Doesn't matter if it goes to OT but it has to be a win.  No 'moral victories' - it has to show in the standings.  Don't throw away the past month and a half or whatever of good play.  Score early and often.

• Like 2

Just do "whatever it takes" to beat the other team tonight and any other day. Everything else will fall into place.  

13 minutes ago, hag65 said:

Turned away 89 of 91 shots?  Sigh.

That dont mean nuthin at his next game.....tonight

5 hours ago, hag65 said:

Turned away 89 of 91 shots?  Sigh.

🔥 He was on fire!  Glad he's out! Wish he was out!!

edit:  corrected

Edited by LakeLivin

41 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

🔥 He was on fire!  Glad he's out!

I think you misunderstood, Lake. Those stats are for Nilsson not Anderson? Or am I misunderstanding your comment?

1 hour ago, cc said:

In the span of 3 sentences, it goes from saying 'Craig Anderson will not dress against the Carolina Hurricanes on Tuesday night' to 'Pierre Dorian said Monday that Anderson missed the teams' practice with a "very minor tweak" but was expected to dress against the Hurricanes'.  I guess we'll see tonight.

Nilson is confirmed to start. Stopped 89 of 91 shots in last two games. 

Overall, he is 6-4-0 with a 2.21 GAA, .937 SV% and one shutout in 10 games since joining the Senators.

Edited by slapshot02

42 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Nilson is confirmed to start. Stopped 89 of 91 shots in last two games. 

Overall, he is 6-4-0 with a 2.21 GAA, .937 SV% and one shutout in 10 games since joining the Senators.

Please hockey gods, no stand on your head goalie tonight from Ottawa.

53 minutes ago, dinz said:

Please hockey gods, no stand on your head goalie tonight from Ottawa.

Hope he blows a hammy in the first 3 min.