The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Sens, 12 Feb 19

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

That presumes they win the lottery though?

If they do they got Hughes ,  but colorado  are going  to at least  have a top 4  overall pick  .  Who knew   they had a crystal ball  . 

There IS one difference between past years and this team. It can look like one of those nights for a long time, with failed finishes, erratic neutral zone passing, poor coverage. etc, and then. Out of nowhere seemingly, pride or something kicks in and they began looking like a top 10 team. And therein lies the hope. 5 games is a long roady, and a lot of teams would have just been frustrated after 2, and headed for the plane. THAT, at this point in time and circumstance, spoke volumes. It's an RB team. Now, come home and get mad at the mediocrity coming in to face you. There for the taking for this group.

• Like 5

On to the next. We need 4 of 5 to get where we need to go. Home fans need to step up and drive the team on this home stand. I’ll be blowin it up from 301 on Saturday and Tuesday.

Edited by cc

11 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

If they do they got Hughes ,  but colorado  are going  to at least  have a top 4  overall pick  .  Who knew   they had a crystal ball  . 

They have a great GM.

30 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

I think we all would of taken 4 out of 5 as a huge win upon departing on this trip.

Yep, but our needs are still glaring...

a 2-way center who can win face offs and help with secondary scoring would be a great start 

9 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Put a check in the ability to comeback column.

Caught the game on the radio for the first time since the change.  So much better.

That’s part of my frustration, the blatant homerism by the other announcers...and constantly belittling our players and our playoff futility 

9 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

It's a good thing the Senators are bad enough that 20 minutes of hockey will beat them.  Come back to NC and keep this thing going, guys.

I didn't see it as quite that bad, but I do think the Canes can out roughly equal to the way they did in Jersey. Once they held off the Sens' PP late in the first and finished it off at the start of the second, they started to find their game.

When this team is bad in the neutral zone they don't mess around... they are REALLY bad, and it is always because they are trying to fly through it and putting passes in skates or leading the target waaaaaay too much. If they'd be a bit more deliberate between the blue lines early in games, they'd be playing in the o-zone a lot more.

8 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

That’s part of my frustration, the blatant homerism by the other announcers...and constantly belittling our players and our playoff futility 

Just stream the simulcast. 99.9 The Fan.

This was a nice win. A comeback win like this should be confidence building. The team is now a +3 in goal differential. Good signs moving forward.

• Like 2

watching the 3rd period was like watching a Canes game from last couple of years but, flip perspectives.  

Senators were the better team through 2 but the Canes hung around.

As soon as the Canes tied the Senators entire body language changed and they lost all confidence.  I saw that too many times during the BP era.

After the Canes took the lead on the 1st PP goal, the Senators looked like all effort was gone.  Yep seen that too from the Canes.

2nd PP goal, the back side defenseman barely even made a reaction when it happened. Like he knew it was happening because they are the Senators.  Once I saw that reaction, I knew they werent coming back.  I dont think they even had a decent offensive chance the rest of the game.  

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Just stream the simulcast. 99.9 The Fan.

Tried that...for some reason, it keeps lagging by 5 minutes out here in OK...

9 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Really pumped for the weekend, big group of family joining us Friday and Saturday.  One game at a time.

I'm going Saturday,expecting a good turnout.

This team keeps proving that this is not the Canes team of yesteryear. This was a bit of a flat start, but this is also roadtrip game number 5 in 8 nights. The Canes of old would have stayed down. This group would not have it. Sure we caught some breaks with a goal against called back and a prolonged 5 on 3 including and 4 minute minor, but we also took full advantage of it and slammed the door shut. 

McE. Can we not back the truck up to his door and just start passing him fat stacks until he says he'll stay at least one more year?

I just have to vent one thing. When you look down the line of the winning and losing streaks of the teams we might theoretically need to pass or stay ahead of....every single team won except Montreal who got a loser point. I mean. Seriously? Doesn't the law of averages have to kick in at some point? Someone will let down. 

Anyways, we just took major care of business during the hardest parts of our schedule. 8/10 points on a 5 game road trip? That doesn't happen very often. 

Now avoid the let down Friday (mainly because I'll be there), and we have some better scheduling ahead!

• Like 1

I'm going to try to get to both and also expect a good 16K plus crowd? Lets show this team what North Carolinian hospitality is all about.