The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Stars @ Canes...16 Feb 19

4 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Didnt we go to the East final from a low seed in 09

We were #6, 97 points. 

I'd take that this year. 

I'll tell you if we keep this up teams won't want to play us. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, remkin said:

We were #6, 97 points. 

I'd take that this year. 

I'll tell you if we keep this up teams won't want to play us. 

Something just seemed different last night. Not our best effort at all, but they never seemed down or quit. Their effort in their own end was excellent overall. Yes Curtis was phenomenal, but the way they played especially in the 3rd I think says a lot about the belief and will of this group. Hope it continues tonight!  

• Like 5

2hours before I leave for the game. Been a long time since I’ve had this level of expectation for a Game. It’s good to feel that way again. Validate this feeling for me tonight Canes.

24 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Ok boys, Evil Empire lost...so we all know what a W tonight means 

And a Win by Cam and the Blackhawks over the Jackets mean.........................

6 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

If we can get this tandem going, where when 1 element in the team is not quite on, and another part takes over, like last night where defense sort of was off and CMac picked them up, this could be a playoff bound year? Go Canes

BTW, listening to the Aftermath last night on the way home, I hear the John Forslund is not going to announce this game. I'm sorry for you guys having to listen to John Shayla, but maybe he can be like our very own AWACS and turn his negative influence at games he attends, around?

Normally I would be very concerned of the Shaya curse. I think he has only announced 1 win if any. I will override that voodoo with my personal appearance tonight.

• Like 2

Little perspective on teams we no longer fear from the annals of US Grant.

"As we approached the brow of the hill from which it was expected we could see Harris’ camp, and possibly find his men ready formed to meet us, my heart kept getting higher and higher until it felt to me as though it was in my throat. When we reached a point from which the valley below was in full view I halted. The place where Harris had been encamped a few days before was visible, but the troops were gone. My heart resumed its place. It occurred to me at once that Harris had been as much afraid of me as I had been of him. This was a view of the question I had never taken before; but it was one I never forgot afterwards. From that event to the close of the war, I never experienced trepidation upon confronting an enemy, though I always felt more or less anxiety. I never forgot that he had as much reason to fear my forces as I had his. The lesson was valuable."

2 minutes ago, ja1964 said:

this will be the year canes make play-off  

I’ll believe it when game 82 is over and we’re above the cut line...meanwhile, I’ll keep praying to the hockey gods, even though they’ve spited me for 7 of the past 10 Cup winners being the three teams I hate the most (Evil Empire, Hawks, and Craps).

7 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I’ll believe it when game 82 is over and we’re above the cut line...meanwhile, I’ll keep praying to the hockey gods, even though they’ve spited me for 7 of the past 10 Cup winners being the three teams I hate the most (Evil Empire, Hawks, and Craps).

I hate the Caps too but it was good to see them finally over the hump, more since it meant the Pens were not there. Also I couldnt handle an expansion team winning in its first season

Now that they have their one they can go away

Edited by Derailed75
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hopper915 said:

And a Win by Cam and the Blackhawks over the Jackets mean.........................

Third place in the Metro. Albeit not factoring beans in, but it would still look good on the standings board.

13 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

I hate the Caps too but it was good to see them finally over the hump, more since it meant the Pens were not there. Also I couldnt handle an expansion team winning in its first season

Now that they have their one they can go away

Nope...I wanted Ovi to be eternally listed as “#1 player to never win the Cup,” but alas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2ndsacker said:

Little perspective on teams we no longer fear from the annals of US Grant.

"As we approached the brow of the hill from which it was expected we could see Harris’ camp, and possibly find his men ready formed to meet us, my heart kept getting higher and higher until it felt to me as though it was in my throat. When we reached a point from which the valley below was in full view I halted. The place where Harris had been encamped a few days before was visible, but the troops were gone. My heart resumed its place. It occurred to me at once that Harris had been as much afraid of me as I had been of him. This was a view of the question I had never taken before; but it was one I never forgot afterwards. From that event to the close of the war, I never experienced trepidation upon confronting an enemy, though I always felt more or less anxiety. I never forgot that he had as much reason to fear my forces as I had his. The lesson was valuable."

Brave man, posting Grant in the South :blink: I like it.

19 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

trade staal for Seguin !

No thanks...there’s a reason he got traded from Boston...rumor has it he was doing a Lindros on Brindy up there and the management found out.

I’ll take Jamie Benn

5 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

No thanks...there’s a reason he got traded from Boston...rumor has it he was doing a Lindros on Brindy up there and the management found out.

I’ll take Jamie Benn

that's not the full story .   he was traded to dalas because  boston wanted more depth players  for  only a few ,  they were trying to cash in  during their cup  run time  and  in the end it all fell apart , dalas  still has seguin and boston has no one from that trade .   also was not the bruins gm the same fool that got picked up  by edmonton  who then got fired this year ?

Edited by Canesfanforever

Nothing against Shaya - i'm sure he's a great guy - but i really hope he isn't Forslund's heir apparent.  Dude has the charisma of a loaf of bread.

• Like 1