The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Stars @ Canes...16 Feb 19

1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

Nothing against Shaya - i'm sure he's a great guy - but i really hope he isn't Forslund's heir apparent.  Dude has the charisma of a loaf of bread.

You realize... he's about 15 years old.

• Like 1

In AZ...can’t watch...but this score is a thing of beauty...I hope it keeps up and carries over to next Saturday in big D

We win we have a playoff spot.  Will this team rise to the occasion or will they fold.  So far I am liking what I am seeing.  Dallas is a good team though.  Need to be careful.

Just now, Canesfanforever said:

a win tonight the canes are in the playoff picture ,   Staying in there  is going to be hell on earth for this team . 

The boys are gelling, and playing with desperation.  I seem to recall, a few years ago, that the Pens were out of a playoff spot, at the half way point of the season, but they went on a roll, and won the Cup.  So...

3 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

The boys are gelling, and playing with desperation.  I seem to recall, a few years ago, that the Pens were out of a playoff spot, at the half way point of the season, but they went on a roll, and won the Cup.  So...

the same happens to the canes , that would be  a nice little reward  after missing the playoffs for 9 years lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, surfzone365 said:

Can’t see the game tonight so doing the box score check-in. Looks good from that angle so far 👍🏽👍🏽

FAST paced.  We came out "on time."  

28 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Nothing against Shaya - i'm sure he's a great guy - but i really hope he isn't Forslund's heir apparent.  Dude has the charisma of a loaf of bread.

I dont think he is bad. I have to listen to the Caps guys when we play them they are bad. It's just we have been spoiled by having on if the best in the biz and getting to hear him for so many years

• Like 3

Just now, RickD_99 said:

Just go ahead and give the Jack Adams award to HCRB! Who has done more with less this year?

I was just telling my wife that. I think if this keeps up he has to at least be in the conversation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickD_99 said:

Just go ahead and give the Jack Adams award to HCRB! Who has done more with less this year?

I was going to give you a thumbs up cause I think Roddy has been really good, but this team has a lot of talent

32 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

People on Facebook are complaining about him, too.  As I posted there, if you've ever heard the play-by-play and color guys for some of the other NHL teams, you wouldn't think that Shaya is that bad.  They're God-awful!

4 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

Trotz is gonna win it and it won’t be close

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wscaniac said:

People on Facebook are complaining about him, too.  As I posted there, if you've ever heard the play-by-play and color guys for some of the other NHL teams, you wouldn't think that Shaya is that bad.  They're God-awful!

Slugs, Pens, and Wild are way, way worse 

6 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

I dont think he is bad. I have to listen to the Caps guys when we play them they are bad. It's just we have been spoiled by having on if the best in the biz and getting to hear him for so many years

Got that right.  Forslund has enough color, he doesn't even need a color guy.  When you're used to him, anyone else is grey in comparison.  Shaya certainly doesn't fill his shoes.

Ive been impressed with Maenalenan. He is a great defensively responsible forward. He seems to read rebounds well. Prevented a couple of grade A chances with finding rebounds and getting them away from the net despite not being the low forward.  

Another solid pickup for the team for nothing and another solid scouting job by Pitkanen.

• Like 1