The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Stars @ Canes...16 Feb 19

5 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Slugs, Pens, and Wild are way, way worse 

Flyers' guy too. Cringeworthy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Got that right.  Forslund has enough color, he doesn't even need a color guy.  When you're used to him, anyone else is grey in comparison.  Shaya certainly doesn't fill his shoes.

I watched the Pens game the other night just cause he was covering it. I generally dont watch much other teams games till the playoffs 

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Another solid pickup for the team for nothing and another solid scouting job by Pitkanen.

Really?  That was Joni doing us a solid?

14 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

Just go ahead and give the Jack Adams award to HCRB! Who has done more with less this year?

10 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Trotz is gonna win it and it won’t be close

Claude Julien has to be in the conversation.

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Really?  That was Joni doing us a solid?

Joni is our scout in Europe. Weighed heavy on Necas and all the Finns we’ve drafted over the last 4 years.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Claude Julien has to be in the conversation.

True...they were expected to be a dumpster fire this season 

2 minutes ago, dinz said:

Big guys cycling along boards, thats been the difference this year.

That was one of the trademarks of the 06 team.

• Like 1

had a couple of scoring chances , but the period was mostly dominated by dalas .  as long as we win that's all that matters , but come march  the canes need to dominate the  games because  that will be the teams toughest schedule  !

2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

had a couple of scoring chances , but the period was mostly dominated by dalas .  as long as we win that's all that matters , but come march  the canes need to dominate the  games because  that will be the teams toughest schedule  !

As much as I would like to see them dominate everyone the only thing that's matters is outscoring them. That's all that matters in March also

• Like 1

Just now, surfzone365 said:

Damn... the SOG disparity would suggest we should be down 4-0

Dallas has had their chances.  We look like the B2B team in the 2nd.  Got to find a 2nd wind in the 3rd.  Don’t know we can survive 2 periods like the 2nd.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Damn... the SOG disparity would suggest we should be down 4-0

hey sometimes you have to win games you dont get as many shots. We have had too many losses where we dominate that category. 

By the way, Montreal about to lose. We could be 1 back of them with 2 pts tonight. However, Chicago not helping us against the jackets. 

Pitts and Montreal both play tomorrow too. If we do win tonight, it would be nice to hang onto a playoff spot so lets go Rags, who play pittsburgh tomorrow.

A few thoughts after two. 

Mrazek is making me believe tonight. Between him and a lot of luck, we're still up. 

I was wrong about the Canes getting to their game today. This game is just like last night. Luckily when we had our chances early they went in. The last two games we have had that short burst, then generated very little for the rest of the game. It will take a lot more luck if we can't get to more offense in the third. Is this a long term problem. I don't know, but I hope not.

I think Shaya is fine. He's not John, but he could be worse. He pointed out the paltry shot total, and Trip just blew right past it. One thing though. And I know he's not the one to originate it, but a pet peave of mine is the constant calling out what direction on the screen the players are going. "Canes break out, left to right." Why? If I'm watching on TV I can see what direction it is, not that I care, but if I'm on the radio I really don't care. BTW in the arena whether it's left to right or not, depends on which side of the ice you're sitting on. If he asked my advice I'd say to drop that.

OK let's get this one. 

BTW it's not just shots, we're not getting chances and they are getting a lot of chances. And that was true last night, and no that can't continue if we're really going to get this done in the remaining games. 

That said, if we can get away with it and win, then we just have to find our game next time. But we have to find our game soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

A few thoughts after two. 

Mrazek is making me believe tonight. Between him and a lot of luck, we're still up. 

I was wrong about the Canes getting to their game today. This game is just like last night. Luckily when we had our chances early they went in. The last two games we have had that short burst, then generated very little for the rest of the game. It will take a lot more luck if we can't get to more offense in the third. Is this a long term problem. I don't know, but I hope not.

I think Shaya is fine. He's not John, but he could be worse. He pointed out the paltry shot total, and Trip just blew right past it. One thing though. And I know he's not the one to originate it, but a pet peave of mine is the constant calling out what direction on the screen the players are going. "Canes break out, left to right." Why? If I'm watching on TV I can see what direction it is, not that I care, but if I'm on the radio I really don't care. BTW in the arena whether it's left to right or not, depends on which side of the ice you're sitting on. If he asked my advice I'd say to drop that.

OK let's get this one. 

that pet peave can be easily explained ,   the game is simulcasted  so people on the road  can know   after they fired  the legend !  

1 minute ago, remkin said:

BTW it's not just shots, we're not getting chances and they are getting a lot of chances. And that was true last night, and no that can't continue if we're really going to get this done in the remaining games. 

I think its a process for the boys to learn they can win when they dont have it. You arent gonna have it every night. Goaltending sometimes wins games. I notice a lot of games the Islanders get out shot and chanced and win and I think our offense is better than theirs. Hopefully they pull this win out with a great 3rd and they hammer home some of these issues leading up to the Rangers.