The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Rags @ a bunch of jerks (19 Feb, 19)

Time for these bunch of jerks to get back to their suffocating game that got them here. Then we can roll out an epic storm surge for Don Cherry.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Trap game!

I disagree with your detailed analysis. 

The team clearly knows they were outskated for the last 2 games.  Trap game to me means a team who is comfortable with how things have been going and gets caught napping. 

I find it more likely they were very tired after the condensed schedule and the 2 days rest was sorely needed.

I expect a refreshed performance instead.  There should be no complacency.  HCRB has plenty to talk about after the last 2 for them to be unhappy about.

• Like 2

Since I personally willed the Canes to victory for the first time in eons at MSG, my magic will carry over to this game. Hopefully a few less Rags fans at this one than what I was subjected to in Manhattan 😎

Canes 224

Rags 1.3

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

I do not expect a "trap" game effort tonight. The team should be refueled, we are at home and realize the importance of this one. Possible offensive explosion tonight.

I am hoping tonight isn't going to suck too bad. In addition to having to work and possibly missing the BOJ's earning a playoff spot again, I may be unable to DVR the game to watch when I get home as my roof is being replaced and not sure if the DirecTV guy will have the ability it get me back up and running in time. No way am I or my roofer who is still working letting them reattach the dish through the shingles.

So, I entrust willing the jerks to victory to my fellow fans on the board and look forward to reading your insights into the game when I get home.

Well I wrongly predicted we'd rock in the B2B (except Mrazek). But Brindy said the guys looked as tired as he's seen them this year. That gives me the confidence to predict that after a day off and nice practice day, THIS is the game where the team game returns. Plus we simply need a storm surge after Mr Cherry made our day with the BOJ comment.

• Like 2

One game at a time. One point (2) at a time.

Every game is meaningful. This one is no exception. Isn't it fun to actually be in the playoff hunt?

• Like 5

23 left.  Go +4 over the 23 to get to 95 points (89% chance 95 points makes it in).  That means 13-9-1 makes it.

Don't jump off a bridge if we lose.  But win just the same.  The math keeps getting better. 

• Like 5

Yup dont let losses pile up and they will be fine. At one point they need 6 of every 8 points to get to 98, they have averaged a little more then that and are now in pretty decent shape.

Maybe at the start the PA guy could introduce them as YOUR CAROLINA BUNCH OF JERKS!!! I mean that might be going to far since most people there probably wouldn't get it, but it would be pretty funny. 

But if they could find a way to incorporate the bunch of jerks into the storm surge? Maybe a banner? Priceless.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, remkin said:

Maybe at the start the PA guy could introduce them as YOUR CAROLINA BUNCH OF JERKS!!! I mean that might be going to far since most people there probably wouldn't get it, but it would be pretty funny. 

But if they could find a way to incorporate the bunch of jerks into the storm surge? Maybe a banner? Priceless.

Maybe the media crew could play Cherry's comments on the jumbo-tron before the game, to incorporate the Carolina Bunch of Jerks!

It would be funny if some fan would dress up like Steve Martin's Jerk character too!

Bunch of jerks is just great! The twitter posts from the Canes official were awesome and got league wide support (and giggles) nicely done. Want the t-shirt.

Want the playoff spot so bad this season .... just feels like ...

canes.JPG

You really can't lose with either jerk in net, and I know it's traditional starting the guy who got the shutout, but I still think McE is more consistently better, so I'd also start that jerk.