The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Rags @ a bunch of jerks (19 Feb, 19)

5 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

That. It was one of the biggest games for us and the Rags played twice as big as we did. I lost count in the 2nd but 5 out of 10 times the puck went into the O-zone it was a dump-in for a line change.

Maybe with ten minutes left in the third you don't take a retaliatory penalty in a 1-2 goal game but one of the first things to happen in a 0-0 game? 

I'm gonna stew on that the rest of the night.

• Like 1

Didn’t get to see one bit of this game but looks like our offense let us down by looking at the final score. Pathetic and glad I missed it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, surfzone365 said:

Didn’t get to see one bit of this game but looks like our offense let us down by looking at the final score. Pathetic and glad I missed it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Lots of reasons why too...crossbar, face off losses, minuscule physicality, biased officiating, help from Toronto...take your pick 

BTW, BJ’s lost in regulation 

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Guys, Faulk almost lost his stick in the guy's armpit. Gotta make that call.

More hook than the gals on 42nd street in downtown NY.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Lots of reasons why too...crossbar, face off losses, minuscule physicality, biased officiating, help from Toronto...take your pick 

BTW, BJ’s lost in regulation 

Yeah, that’s why I’m not going to **** and moan about it because I don’t know what happened and how this game played out. The Rangers are not a good team, I don’t care if they had Hercules himself as goalie. Should have won but you can’t win ‘em all. 

Thought the boys looked pretty good. Two posts didnt help and a few chances in front close that wouldn't  go. D played well, 5 on 3 tired us out. Onto the next one. Sounds like Staal may make an appearance on Thursday.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Yeah, that’s why I’m not going to **** and moan about it because I don’t know what happened and how this game played out. The Rangers are not a good team, I don’t care if they had Hercules himself as goalie. Should have won but you can’t win ‘em all. 

Told y’all in the initial post this was a trap game.

Watching Stars/Preds game now...Preds are where we need to be physically, they’re physically manhandling the Stars (but not on the scoreboard)

39 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

It was 'one of those games'.  There was talk of how it was probably our best game of the homestand, and it might well have been.  We were playing a goaltender who's always had our number, though, and when we beat him, there always seemed to be a post for the puck to hit. Wouldn't be off base to say Henrik stole the game for them.  Penalties, breaks went the wrong way, blah blah.  You can't excuse a loss but looking at the fact we probably should have lost one if not both of the last 2, take the 2-out-of-3 and get ready for the next one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

We’re winning the next two games on the road...book it!

They’ll need that effort and add scoring to it to get Florida.  The Panthers are hot right now, winning 3 in a row and 5 out of the last 7 against pretty good teams.

Disappointing loss! At least the Sluggs and Philly didn’t gain any ground on us. Thanks Skinner with the -3 😉 On to the next one with hopefully a better result. 

9 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Thought the boys looked pretty good. Two posts didnt help and a few chances in front close that wouldn't  go. D played well, 5 on 3 tired us out. Onto the next one. Sounds like Staal may make an appearance on Thursday.....

I do think that if Ferland had responded to Willy getting hammered in the slot the result is probably different. That was just cheap, and the second x-check, as he tried to get up, deserved an unsportsmanlike IMO.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Told y’all in the initial post this was a trap game.

Watching Stars/Preds game now...Preds are where we need to be physically, they’re physically manhandling the Stars (but not on the scoreboard)

A trap game is one you expect to win and lose by taking the opposition too lightly. This was not a trap game by either measure. It's always a tough game versus the Rags, and the guys rained pucks on Henrik. Yeah, they could have been more physical, and while I disagree with the Canes' PR automaton that it was the best effort of the last three (Tripp's gonna Tripp), the guys did not show any complacency or overconfidence IMO.

• Like 3

Watching the game replay it appeared to me that the Rangers for much of the game played bigger and stronger than we did. It wasn't an awful game by us and we certainly had our chances. Henri the Great was good but not unbeatable. I think the game was lost in the trenches.

On the bright side this race won't be a walk away, at least I don't think so. We do need a rebound game and I hope we get it.

• Like 1

I really don’t buy the whole”trap” game mentality. Translation: we lost a game we should have won... or on the flip side, we won a game we weren’t suppose to because it was a “trap” game for the opponent. Any game is fair chance for loss or defeat, as frustrating as it is. We all know in this league you can’t take a night off or overlook any opponent. We’ll be fine though 👌🏽

• Like 1

Bouncing pucks and an old goalie with still some fire in the gut. No more no less. Anyone besides Sako would have cleared that second one from in front. I always get mad at a great PK for a long length of time, then a bounce into a lap for an easy one right before its killed. No big worries, it's going down to the end, and it's sorta possible that Buff is maybe just done and CBJ isn't sharp at all. Last night's overall game for 22 and we got this.

Edited by 2ndsacker
  • Like 3

Guys look mentally tied lady couple of games and understandably so. They are playing their buts off with almost no margin for errors for the last 1.5 months and are still out of playoff spot.

19 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

We’re winning the next two games on the road...book it!

From your mouth to gods ears, AWAC.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

I really don’t buy the whole”trap” game mentality. Translation: we lost a game we should have won... or on the flip side, we won a game we weren’t suppose to because it was a “trap” game for the opponent. Any game is fair chance for loss or defeat, as frustrating as it is. We all know in this league you can’t take a night off or overlook any opponent. We’ll be fine though 👌🏽

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Our game in Jersey was a total trap game, IMO, and we fell right into it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. Our game in Jersey was a total trap game, IMO, and we fell right into it.

That’s fair. Losses are losses and wins are wins. We either take care of business or we don’t. No matter what we call any particular game, we’re always glad if we can net 2 points.

• Like 1