The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Sportsfan-1-2

Who would win

Okay everyone, this is a comparison question.  Seeing that TB is playing phenomal this year (47-11-4) imagine if they went back in time and faced the Cup winning 2005-2006 Carolina team.  In a best of 7 series between the 2005-2006 Carolina Hurricanes and the 2018-2019 TB Lightning, which team do you think would come out on top? Both teams were/are loaded with talent.  I just don't know.  I don't remember much about the 2006 team except that they were dominant.  I lived in Atlanta then and followed the Thrashers (whom only had one good year).

The Canes would win .    Tampa is good  but they dont have 4  different   30 goal scorers on their team  now  as im speaking  and i think that factor  played a big time   role in how strong the canes  played .   And there was a good chance   the Canes if they failed to win the cup that year could have been a team that was going to relocate in the future ,   Tampa  has  no  pressure on their backs like Carolina once had .   Also  Carolina's   Moto that year was  " What ever it takes "     and when you think of psychology  that who they wanted on the team  back then , people who could rise up and meet the challenge  to do just that .   When i think of  the Lightning , they are impressive on paper   and had the bragging rights to prove  why are the perennial presidents trophy winner   but  all that aside dont mean  crap when it comes to playoffs ,  That year the canes won the cup  , they faced a  oilers  team that played against  the redwings  who were the presidents  trophy winner that year   and  the red wings got beat  by an 8th seed team in the oilers ! 

Edited by Canesfanforever