The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
legend-1

Outdoor game announcement today?

I'll feel bad if I'm wrong but boy do I have a good feeling it's getting announced or we've got high quality trolling going on.

5 pm press conference with Bettman, rink in cones at Carter Finley...I mean....come on. 

FB_IMG_1551203731779.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

Cory Lavalette swears there's no announcement. I might be earning my Jerk shirt today.

You Jurc.

Appears there WILL be an announcement today.  https://www.wralsportsfan.com/nhl-commissioner-visits-carter-finley-stadium-to-explore-outdoor-hockey/18220235/

He was on the radio 15 min ago, and TD is talking now.  Looks like just a logistical check.  No announcement yet.

2 years from now at the earliest....60K tickets better start the pre-sale now.  Of course it will be an event, & this area loves those type of things..All day tailgate I'm in.

The "event" would be fun, but maybe I'm the only one around here that wouldn't be all that excited about actually trying to watch a game in a football stadium.  The view would be horrible.

C201403-312-Football-Field-Ice-Rink-284da562.thumb.jpg.d8d11583bd49bcd4087dde2d3744b260.jpg

2 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

The "event" would be fun, but maybe I'm the only one around here that wouldn't be all that excited about actually trying to watch a game in a football stadium.  The view would be horrible.

C201403-312-Football-Field-Ice-Rink-284da562.thumb.jpg.d8d11583bd49bcd4087dde2d3744b260.jpg

Fun for the novelty, not for the view.

Next year's outdoor games were announced at the 'Hawks-Bruins game in South Bend on Jan 1. If we're getting one next season, it'll be an extra. Somehow I think ours will be announced next Jan 1, for the 20-21 season.