The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Jerks making dudes from St Louis sing the Blues

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Svech has 15 goals. I think 5 of them are empty netters.  

And I'm sure he couldn't care less!

Fleury was indeed solid. The part of his game I like best is that he uses his body to win pucks in the corners, a talent he uses consistently to put us back on offense. He reminds me of Brad Park in that respect.

9 minutes ago, cc said:

Please expand on this point. You saying he is an underachiever or something?

Really there wasn’t a point but an observation.  A goal is a goal on the score sheet.

since you asked. If he does have 5 ENs (it just feels that he has that many, i didn’t count) then his goal total is a little deceiving.  At the same time, kudos to Rod for getting him out there to keep Svech’s confidence up by scoring goals. I don’t care if he scores all of his goals as empty netters, that means he is capping off another W. 

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

Last night at about 10pm was the first time I seriously considered the fact that this team could win the cup.   

Than I realize even though we are 12 games over .500, we could still get bounced from playoff contention because just our luck everyone we need to lose a few is on fire too.  Somebodys going to hit a losing streak and fall out of the race.  I don't think it will be us at this point.  

By the way, Jordan Staal is proving to be a great deadline acquisition to this new team that started Dec. 31st. 

• Like 1

Agreed Fleury played well last night. He was noticeable in a good way, throwing the body and fighting for the loose pucks. Doing the things needed to be done.

Being in Charlotte has helped his game IMO. Typically, it does take defensemen a little longer to find their NHL game and it is starting to show for him.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Danimal38 said:

By the way, Jordan Staal is proving to be a great deadline acquisition to this new team that started Dec. 31st. 

I know its bad to say, but being out with the concussion was good for Jordan. He looks fresh and excited and looks like he's getting his game condition back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Loved seeing 19 giving a huge hug to Staal after his goal. Seeing Staal contribute after being out so long was satisfying. Staal was our deadline acquisition. 

Dougie seems to be enjoying this team even more than any of the other Canes, both on the ice and during the Surges.  His exuberance reminds me a little bit of Skinner. 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Dougie seems to be enjoying this team even more than any of the other Canes, both on the ice and during the Surges.  His exuberance reminds me a little bit of Skinner. 

Somewhere along the line he let it slip he was playing injured first half.  I guess it shows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Agreed. 19 and Martinook seem to be having a lot of fun. Shots of the lockeroom always show 19 having fun. A far cry from the aloof image that many identified

• Like 2