The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: the Jerks invade south Florida to play the SwampCats

4 minutes ago, EyeOfTheStorm said:

Columbus has all new players, whatever chemistry they had could be messed up, or so is my hope. 

Crazy enough the new forwards are even so far.  All the old guys are negative.

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

Crazy enough the new forwards are even so far.  All the old guys are negative.

I did not even notice that. Interesting. They are good team but I still do not know why everyone guarantees they will get into the playoffs. 

Todays game is a trap game  .  Despite how good the canes did against the blues  ,  the blues were on a very long win streak  and were not playing in full desperation  like they originally  were  when they   were in the midst  of their  streak .      Florida is going to  be coming hardcore against the canes tonight  knowing the canes just had a game last night .    I think the panthers will try to box the canes out of the middle  and collapse  constantly  in front of the net to  prevent high scoring chances  and force the canes to take risks for   an easy  check  to get the canes on a 2  on 1   break away .  Barkov has been a scoring machine lately  and  he is only looking to do major damage  and play spoiler  to the canes .   The Hurricanes are in for a another  Rat race  .    Florida  has nothing to lose so they will throw caution to the wind .  So the canes   just have to dig deep and not let them push their weight around  .    We will all know how todays game will eventually turn out after first 10 mins  .   Either way the canes  just need to do what Rod is telling them to do and  we should be able to skate by and get prepared for  the toughest  game of the month  come tuesday against the bruins.   I just hope the canes dont get injured  cause nearly every time they play against  the panthers   , the panthers are always looking to take cheap shots   at our core , and WE  CANT ALLOW THAT ! 

BJs have taken Bob out. Surprising since they have a game tomorrow.  I guess we’ll see if Kincaid plays tomorrow.

side note. A team would be dumb to give Bob, Price money at this point.  His numbers aren’t great. Only Bob’s time as a 23 year old was worse than this season.  

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Relax bro...I called it 2 GDT’s ago...we win the back to back (yesterday and today), lose to the B’s, then win the B2B against the Jets and Preds 

;)

7 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Relax bro...I called it 2 GDT’s ago...we win the back to back (yesterday and today), lose to the B’s, then win the B2B against the Jets and Preds 

;)

Great bunch of beans since the New Year, not conceding to any team especially the B's.

1 hour ago, Chuffy_McChufferson said:

I'm going to bathe myself in oil if Edmonton keeps this up.

So nice.

Please don’t post any pics if you do....

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

Please don’t post any pics if you do....

We have a live look-in

395B473A-FFEE-4282-A83A-3AD6F64EFC9F.gif

• Like 1

As expected Mrazek in net.

Foegele is the healthy extra today.

Wallmark between McKegg and Maenalenan.

D pairs remain the same as last night 

3 hours ago, Chuffy_McChufferson said:

I'm going to bathe myself in oil if Edmonton keeps this up.

So nice.

Penzoil or Quaker State?? 😂

• Like 1

Waiting to get into BB&T...they might actually break 3-4K in attendance tonight 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Todays game is a trap game  .  Despite how good the canes did against the blues  ,  the blues were on a very long win streak  and were not playing in full desperation  like they originally  were  when they   were in the midst  of their  streak .      Florida is going to  be coming hardcore against the canes tonight  knowing the canes just had a game last night .    I think the panthers will try to box the canes out of the middle  and collapse  constantly  in front of the net to  prevent high scoring chances  and force the canes to take risks for   an easy  check  to get the canes on a 2  on 1   break away .  Barkov has been a scoring machine lately  and  he is only looking to do major damage  and play spoiler  to the canes .   The Hurricanes are in for a another  Rat race  .    Florida  has nothing to lose so they will throw caution to the wind .  So the canes   just have to dig deep and not let them push their weight around  .    We will all know how todays game will eventually turn out after first 10 mins  .   Either way the canes  just need to do what Rod is telling them to do and  we should be able to skate by and get prepared for  the toughest  game of the month  come tuesday against the bruins.   I just hope the canes dont get injured  cause nearly every time they play against  the panthers   , the panthers are always looking to take cheap shots   at our core , and WE  CANT ALLOW THAT ! 

i agree, this is a  tough one, no less than 60 minutes.

9 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Waiting to get into BB&T...they might actually break 3-4K in attendance tonight 😂

be a JERK tonight. :)

2 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

BJs have taken Bob out. Surprising since they have a game tomorrow.  I guess we’ll see if Kincaid plays tomorrow.

side note. A team would be dumb to give Bob, Price money at this point.  His numbers aren’t great. Only Bob’s time as a 23 year old was worse than this season.  

A team would be dumb to give any goalie Price money at this point.  A team would be dumb to give Price Price money at this point, lol.  Gotta believe that the Habs wish they could have a do-over on that one.  AAV of $10.5m for 8 years starting this season at the age of 31?  What were they thinking?? 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

A team would be dumb to give any goalie Price money at this point.  A team would be dumb to give Price Price money at this point, lol.  Gotta believe that the Habs wish they could have a do-over on that one.  AAV of $10.5m for 8 years starting this season at the age of 31?  What were they thinking?? 

Cant argue with any of that.  

One thing I just noticed during the warmups...J Willy stood and watched the SwampCats for a solid 5 minutes...just watched.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Uh-oh, we're wearing white.

And we're playing a goaltender playing his first NHL game.

60 minutes, guys...

😓🤮

Not just a rookie in goal for Fla, but a virgin rookie. I say scare him to death, and mar his psyche for the foreseeable future. No fond memories for the first time facing a PLAYOFF team. LOL