5 Mar 19, 7 pm EST

TD Gaahden

Here we go...time to see if we are contenders or pretenders 

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

Canes @ B’s

5 Mar 19, 7 pm EST

TD Gaahden

Here we go...time to see if we are contenders or pretenders 

Boston is 12-0-4 in their last 16 games.  They haven't lost a game in regulation since January 9th I believe.  Something has to give.  Lets be that team that ends their point streak tomorrow.  We have played them well this year (both games were at home) but we can play with this team.  We won't be outmatched by any means. They're missing Pastrnak but are still winning without him.  I think if we stay out of the penalty box we'll do well because Boston has a great PP; Florida did too though and we shut it down.  TB beat us on the PP last time we played them when we had our first 5 game winning streak.  Without those penalties late in the 3rd we likely would've won that game.

And I don't think losing to Boston will make us 'pretenders.' Boston is on a great streak right now.  Nobody has been able to beat them lately...not even Tampa Bay.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

Time to fish or cut bait.

Time to release the Big Fishy, wAHOoooooooooo

Time to play Its not easy being green followed by Brass Bonanza

"I am not a fish" ... I am a MAM-al.whale.png Time to Mam up

We aren't a fluke, we are the fluke.png

Time for me to have another cup of coffee and perhaps some medication :omg:

• Like 4

I have been looking to this game for a long while as a real indicator game. 

Not winning and losing, mind you, but competing.  The Bruins are a very physical team, I want to see us matching their game or even surpassing it. 

In my mind, that is what would move our team from a "playoff team" to a "cup contender".  We already proved we can skate with TB (should have won that game) but we need to prove we can compete with a true banger of a team, and this one is it.

That's what I will be watching anyway.

(P.S. don't mistake the fact that we can skate with TB as a claim we are as good as TB.  I think they are the clear favorites but they may have peaked too early, I am looking for something to happen to them at some point to change the dynamic.  I am not a psycho.)

• Like 1

Frankly, I'll be elated if we can get a point out of this one...alas, I can't watch, as I'll be flying.

Frankly, I'll be elated if we can get a point out of this one...alas, I can't watch, as I'll be flying.

If we win tonight so will I.  Just in a more metaphorical way.  :P

Don't run into any pigs up there AWACS.

Jaroslav Halak for the Bs

He has stopped 115 of 119 shots (.966 SV%) during his current four-game winning streak.

McE ? (projected) for the Canes

17 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Jaroslav Halak for the Bs

McE ? (projected) for the Canes

We need him to be especially sharp if they get on the PP it seems?

Even if we only get one point our chance of making the playoffs goes up 2.8% to around 89%.  Usually at this time of year getting the one point makes us lose ground, it's nice to be on the other side of that math now.  I'm not used to it.

Play hard boys.  Make us proud.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, TsunamiCane said:

Here's to my first official GameDay post.

Lets end the Bruins point streak tonight!!! 

You've stepped up and made yourself the luck totem now - it's all on you, Bucky.

Welcome!

it will be GREAT  to see  that whaler jersey     I can now say LETS GO WHALERS for a least one game   go whalers

1 hour ago, hag65 said:

Even if we only get one point our chance of making the playoffs goes up 2.8% to around 89%.  Usually at this time of year getting the one point makes us lose ground, it's nice to be on the other side of that math now.  I'm not used to it.

Play hard boys.  Make us proud.

Saw on other stats that we have a 35% chance of getting into round 2. A 2% chance of winning the cup, let's go one step at a time though.