The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes v Winnipeg Jets

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Ended up 8-2.  Doesn't sound much different than the Canes.

So, the good news is "stay the course,"  and the Canes have a bean on the Habs. The bad news is no distance was inserted.

Onto the next game.

Admit we left early.  I don't need that kind of pain, and I needed to drive, so I just couldn't chug beer to dull it.  There was a traffic jam of early leavers.  For the righteous who would "never leave early," save it.  Thank you.

Mrs. Shelf and I racked out by the mid-second. This was not the Canes, so there was no point in watching. They were awful and they know it, and I expect to see an entirely different team tonight.

2 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

That game is what drives me to drink. I can totally understand a dud during a tough stretch of games but after a few days of rest to play a dud? No effort,no energy,no skill demonstrated. Not just one or two guys, the entire team played sedated.

Same crap we were seeing in November and December--no matter what the PR machine would have us believe. 

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

So, the good news is "stay the course,"  and the Canes have a bean on the Habs. The bad news is no distance was inserted.

Onto the next game.

Admit we left early.  I don't need that kind of pain, and I needed to drive, so I just couldn't chug beer to dull it.  There was a traffic jam of early leavers.  For the righteous who would "never leave early," save it.  Thank you.

You paid for your tickets so you should leave when you want. At least you showed up. The same can’t be said for the Canes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Onto the next game.

I would of left early as well. My pain level has decreased over the years.

Missed the game last night and judging from the final score, at least 18 other people did as well.  I'll sit back and enjoy the response game tonight.

The beauty of this game is that it counts in the standings exactly the same as losing 1-0 with the losing goal coming at 19:59 of the 3rd period.

The Canes got crushed, it is a good wake up call.  The Canadiens also got crushed.  The Canes get to immediately do something about it tonite in Nashville, so they do not have time to dwell upon the ugliness of it all.

Been a long time since we've been just thrashed in a bit of a no show. But this was the first game I've been able to watch in a while, so it stinks to have to fast forward through most of it.

I guess I look at it like you're going to lose some games and every now and then just getting pummeled when you no show can be a huge wake up call and actually a weird positive. As others have said, it's all about how they respond.

16 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Welp.......I doubt you want any of that lol

You had no chance in this one. Gotta try one more!

Lowry’s on my *edit* list for mocking the Storm Surge...kick his *edit* next time we play em!