The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes v Winnipeg Jets

Just now, slapshot02 said:

Increase beer consumption.

It's only 5:17 in Los Angeles!!!   but....I do have some wine chilled in the fridge.....

3 minutes ago, Nyssa42 said:

OK, since I'm new here you have to tell me what I need to sacrifice during the intermission.

Do I need to watch the Marley Girl commercial like 14 times or something?? 

Depends on what your hopes are for after the game.

That's certainly the one positive, a ton of time to clean this up. Winnipeg's got 15 minutes to cool off and the Canes have 15 minutes with Brindy flipping tables.

8 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

lets see how the 2nd period pans out .   if it's the same  crap  then   im not going to watch the game .  

I'm with you there.  Right now this does not look like the team that went 21-6-2 in their last 29 games.  They look awful.  I don't know when the last time we came back to win a game after trailing 4 goals was this year.  I know we came back from 3 goals down vs Arizona and lost in OT.  The team in front of us are probably laughing right now.  Maybe we can pull a Flyer comeback.  Even though they came up short vs Washington they ended up making it interesting.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

nashville tomorrow,  but maybe a miracle will happen in 40 minutes tonight, who knows.

1 minute ago, EyeOfTheStorm said:

this is a grade A what not to do if they want to get into the playoffs. Hope its on the white board now. 

They obviously did not come out ready to play and that's too bad because Winnipeg did.

1 minute ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

They obviously did not come out ready to play and that's too bad because Winnipeg did.

first couple shifts they looked OK, that first goal seemed like a back breaker and they went to sleep. 

I had an opportunity to get into a drinking game, Maniscalco Head Nods. Take a shot every time somebody shouts NODS. Glad I didn't join, might need a liver transplant after that session with Shane.

Just now, EyeOfTheStorm said:

first couple shifts they looked OK, that first goal seemed like a back breaker and they went to sleep. 

Good assessment.

Tough night here.  Decided to hit the beer stand.  A rarity for me.

Dilly Dilly.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EyeOfTheStorm said:

Well...they better wake up.  This lousy play will not stand.  Thy better not play like this the rest of the season.

Games like this are why I’m not completely sold yet that we’ll make the playoffs...I’ve been jerked around too often by this team in the past 13 years