The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes v Winnipeg Jets

Stop the panic 

Wanted to comment recently that a game like this was coming. We've had puck luck, goaltending and a swing of "things going our way" for some time now. But frankly, there is a marked difference between the truly elite teams and our motivated, achieving, belonging team of misfits and learning pros. It's the neutral zone. And slowing down speed with physicality. And teams where once the puck moves forward in the O zone, every skater joins the the push. No hanging back , just in case. WITH NO FEAR of what may be needed defensively. It's Roddy's style but every player hasn't bought that equation of success. YET. Boston, Nash, Even TB, struggles to match what this team does when blood is smelled.  Finals WC last year. May be the team to beat. 

We don't have to beat this, to beat anyone else right now.

1 minute ago, dinz said:

One bad game SHOULDNT define this team for rest of year.

I dont think it will, I think we are all just flabbergasted by a 4-0 blowup in the first

2 minutes ago, dinz said:

I agree, if we hadn’t had that craptastic November and December 

2 minutes ago, dinz said:

Right.  Hopefully a wake up

1 minute ago, legend-1 said:

Broken sticks, jumping pucks....yeesh

How long did the ice crew work this week?

It’s tough taking a beat down but the good games and wins have been a plenty lately.  I hope we can bounce back next game. 😐

Just now, Canes06cup17 said:

It’s tough taking a beat down but the good games and wins have been a plenty lately.  I hope we can bounce back next game. 😐

We will. Ebbs and flows of the season.  Like a tsunami, the tide may recede but it comes back with a vengeance.

1 minute ago, sleekfeeder said:

Oh screw it.i can't find the darn game. Sounds like a stinker anyways.

Who is your provider?

3 minutes ago, winger52 said:

Who is your provider?

PlayStation Vue. I have Fox Sports Carolina and Southeast. Both have basketball.

8 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

Maybe this game will be a wake up call and we'll play lights out the rest of the season.  It's so boring although the second has been a little better because Winnipeg has not scored anymore.  I was hoping it would be a more evenly matched game but as someone else said.  Games like this happen at times to the best teams.  Boston got creamed by Washington earlier this year 7-0 at home and look where they are now.  I'm just trying to think positive here because I'm falling asleep watching this game right now.

• Like 1