The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Carolina @ Colorado 3/11 9PM

6 minutes ago, TsunamiCane said:

Mrazek is 2-2 vs the Avs with his two losses being SO losses. So not much to go on, but I wonder at this point in the year if Brindamour will start going with whoever is hot. My beliefs in the playoffs is you have to go with the hot hand. I will say though they have both been equally good other than McE's bad loss the other night...

Which is why I think they should alternate the goalies; if both goalies are hot you don't want to sit the other one for long.  We already have set a franchise record regarding our goalies; both goalies have at least 17 wins on the season so far.

And thanks for showing the record.  I know sometimes coaches go with who's hot and other times they go with record against the opposing team.

1 minute ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Which is why I think they should alternate the goalies; if both goalies are hot you don't want to sit the other one for long.  We already have set a franchise record regarding our goalies; both goalies have at least 17 wins on the season so far.

And thanks for showing the record.  I know sometimes coaches go with who's hot and other times they go with record against the opposing team.

Oh no doubt, not disagreeing at all! I think the position our coaches are in getting closer and closer to the end of the season is making the decision on who much much harder! 

I don't think they've gotten a practice in since the butt whopping, they may want him to get a solid practice in before tossing him to the wolves again. I think he'll be just fine, but getting a feel for the puck again could be good for him this week before the Friday game. When 8 goals go in, I mean maybe he's an emotional iron man but some self confidence prolly took a shot that some routine practice pucks could alleviate.

14 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Don’t run out of breath up there

Brind'Amour in an interview today from Denver downplayed this notion.

5 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Last time McE had a stinker, it turned out he was injured.  Possible that's the case now as well?

You did watch that game, correct rd? I was there and it appeared BEFORE I LEFT, that the team was clearing out lanes for the Jets to drive down. No, most of those goals were gimmes and Williams' apology to McE speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

You did watch that game, correct rd? I was there and it appeared BEFORE I LEFT, that the team was clearing out lanes for the Jets to drive down. No, most of those goals were gimmes and Williams' apology to McE speaks volumes.

I said in that GDT and will say it again McE was not at fault for the loss, however this team has won and gained momentum for the goal tending and he did not bail them out that game. In most of the wins during this run you can point to 1 or 2 saves early on that either Mrazek or McE made a huge save and then the team fed off of it. While McE was certainly hung out to dry from the start of that game he also didnt make one of those game changing saves. Again he is way down the list of who to blame for the loss but he did not contribute to a win either.

21 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Brind'Amour in an interview today from Denver downplayed this notion.

The altitude can be overhyped but these guys know what to expect, especially our guys who have spent time in the western conf at some point in their careers. 

Edited by surfzone365

6 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

I wasn't able to watch that one, which is part of where my question comes from.

The last few games Mrazek has been the better goalie. McE could be hurt or we could be giving him extra rest. We are going to need him down the stretch. 

One game at a time. One point (2) at a time.

• Like 1

Colorado is playing for a playoff spot , and they won their last 3 games ,  they are only 2 points behind .    So another tough game for the canes .  Nothing is ever  easy  this month !

Just now, Red_Storm said:

Is it the lighting in the arena or my tv feed...the Canes jerseys looks strangely bright red.  Almost like an orange-red.

Im seeing it in their shoulder area

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Red_Storm said:

Is it the lighting in the arena or my tv feed...the Canes jerseys looks strangely bright red.  Almost like an orange-red.

NHL TV looks normal.