Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Carolina @ Colorado 3/11 9PM

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Not true AWACS, Tripp just reviewed the rule as well.

Rule 60 – High-sticking
60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height
of the opponent’s shoulders. Players must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion, or accidental contact on the opposing center who is bent over during the course of a face-off. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal          windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the
height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Rule 60 – High-sticking
60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height
of the opponent’s shoulders. Players must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion, or accidental contact on the opposing center who is bent over during the course of a face-off. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal          windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the
height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

Puck was behind the goal so it might be considered "wild swing on a bouncing puck"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Svech is going to grow like Aho.  Making that wager now.

Boy, If he can get hot down the stretch.....

Edited by slapshot02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bonivan said:

Puck was behind the goal so it might be considered "wild swing on a bouncing puck"

He was still following through on the shot from just beyond the crease...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Rule 60 – High-sticking
60.1 High-sticking - A “high stick” is one which is carried above the height
of the opponent’s shoulders. Players must be in control and responsible for their stick. However, a player is permitted accidental contact on an opponent if the act is committed as a normal windup or follow through of a shooting motion, or accidental contact on the opposing center who is bent over during the course of a face-off. A wild swing at a bouncing puck would not be considered a normal          windup or follow through and any contact to an opponent above the
height of the shoulders shall be penalized accordingly.

At best, thats a judgement call, I mean after all what is "accidental follow thru". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KJUNKANE said:

At best, thats a judgement call, I mean after all what is "accidental follow thru". 

And that’s why the refs are paid to make those subjective calls 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AWACSooner said:

Sneaky Pete for Vezina!

 

surprised you saw it with your nose in the rulebook.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hag65 said:

 

surprised you saw it with your nose in the rulebook.

Google...copy...paste...  

and multitasking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ESPN made an article about it.   Our goal tending has been very under the radar this year.  I like it that way.  Let's surprise a team come playoff time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

ESPN made an article about it.   Our goal tending has been very under the radar this year.  I like it that way.  Let's surprise a team come playoff time. 

WHAT???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...