The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
hag65

Carolina Hurricanes @ Columbus Blue Jackets 3/15 7PM

38206505-an-old-destroyed-cannon-with-na

It goes without saying this is probably the biggest game of the season to date.  This is a chance to drive Columbus down to +10 and to elevate the Canes to +15 with 12 games left to play, and having one magic bean on them to boot.  It would be a nice bit of distance on them as a safeguard on the playoff push.  If it goes the other way,  Canes to +13 and Columbus to +12, well that is neck and neck.  So big big game.

I hate that dang cannon, silence it once and for all.

• Like 2

Yep...HUGE GAME! They know it and I'm expecting both teams to come out shooting. This will have a playoff feel (or should). After tonight we're up 4 points on them with a game in hand....or we're even.....  Like you wrote, this is the biggest game of the season! Should be awesome! 

One big game at a time. One big point (2) at a time.

I agree that this is the biggest game of the season thus far in a season of big games. Each game from now on will magnify in importance. It would be nice to put some separation between us and CBJ.

Make it the day the guns fell silent.. I hate that cannon too!

biggest weekend of hockey these parts have seen in years. Pumped up big time.   I know Roddy and Willy will make sure the boys understand how huge this and what it will take to win.   

• Like 1

Man has it been a good while since I have been so anxious for a game! I know its easy to say that each game from here on out will have that playoff type feel, but this game should truly be a mini playoff game. If it doesn't have that feel then there is something wrong with one if not both teams (highly doubtful)... Here's to the boys keeping that edge!

• Like 2

This is the one that gets it done if we win. All of the teams with any chance that are behind us lost. The remaining one is Columbus, and we would add them in if we get this one.

4 points up on Columbus with a win and a bean is 5 points adjusted and 6 points adjusted on Montreal. Not that one might not catch us, but both would have to and that is just not likely. 9 up on Philly with a win and 11 up on FLA.

Not to get to far ahead, but Buffalo is reeling and while it's a back to back, we are pretty rested, and I like our chances tomorrow to just put it away if we get this one.

Although it seems to have messed with their chemistry, Columbus did add some firepower at the deadline and did just put up 7 on Boston, so could be a heavyweight battle with a lot on the line.

Wonder who gets the net.

Go get this.

• Like 1

Okay, so as of now projected lineups have Mrazek starting for the Canes and Bobrovsky for the BJ's... I know we have a back to back this weekend but its starting to look like Rod is picking the "hotter" hand first. 

Yeah it looks like Zek in net, Ferland back and deHann out. Svech still on 2nd line in the projection

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Ferland-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
Fleury-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

Mrazek

26 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Yeah it looks like Zek in net, Ferland back and deHann out. Svech still on 2nd line in the projection

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Ferland-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
Fleury-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

Mrazek

Hasnt Nook centered some also? If he has  I will go back to saying I would really like to see a line of Ferl, Nook, McGinn talk about a tough line to have to deal with

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Sneaky Pete confirmed in net...surprising 

McE has more experience against Buffa slugs..  Perhaps that plays a part.

Where the "Rubber meets the ROW". Yet I try for extended perspective. Win tonight and tomorrow becomes an easy snoozer against a faltered opponent. No, and tomorrow becomes the YUUUUUGE "Gotta have". Relieving pressure is about keeping the HUUUGE games to teams above you. This probably the game that dictates whether you can possibly grab a division spot, or have to settle for the WC, 3 teams fighting for 2. Is it make or break, I say not. Is it make it easier and less pressurized on your self. ABSOLUTELY. 

I would never call the Slugs a snoozer. Big rivalry game made bigger when they would love to play spoiler. Take care of business tonight Canes! Hopefully our team chemistry trumps their acquiring as many big fish as they could at trade deadline. (This was a failed attempt at a quote) 😊

Edited by Canes06cup17

Lets just put it this way, Canes go to 97% to make the playoffs if they win vs. 89% if they lose.  Win and it's a virtual lock at this point.

thank god montreal has been losing, this month schedule is a killer , if the canes make the play-off and I feel they will they would have earn it

4 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

I hope Ferland doesn't have to head off to the locker room early again.

You beat me to this by 4 minutes.  I'm half-expecting him to.  There's a track record...

Edited by realmdrakkar
4 minutes, apparently