The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Buffalo @ Carolina 3/16 7PM

THE SURGE

cut.png

Back home tonight. Every game is magnified this time of year. Every loss is a blow and every win a statement. The last few games have felt more like treading water than a surge. We are 4-2-1  in March. Time to put the pretenders away and make a Surge;

The Sabres are fading and fading fast but are a dangerous team. Anybody who thinks Jeff Skinner won't want to show off in front of a Carolina crowd hasn't watched Jeff Skinner.

The Hurricanes are in charge of their own destiny. It's as simple as win (one game at a time. One point (2) at a time) and you're in.

• Like 1

I expect a full out effort. I think that 3 day break lead to a slow start yesterday, and a bit of the logo-sniping of yesteryear. This team laughs at back to backs though, and especially after three days off previously. The Sabres are reeling but get Eichel back today and he and Skinner can both steal games single-handedly. Mrazek has been on fire, but I expect McE to get a chance to get back in there, which is fine with me. I'll be there, bringing a hockey newbie, so I expect a good game and a surge!

The Slugs will be out to spoil our playoff chances. They are a dangerous team with no pressure. If we don’t start on time and bring our best game we will lose. Let’s go Canes! 

Just now, surfzone365 said:

We’re going to dust them tonight. Don’t worry 😉 

we had better...both of us are coming off of shutout losses...

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

We’ll be seeing this 👇🏼

80120EC8-2AAF-4A95-8763-0B09FE1D2ECC.jpeg

• Like 3

Ok, after we put the Sabers out of their misery with a thorough beating what will the celebration be? Will they celebrate the ACC tournament or March Madness?

Finally some good scoreboard news, both the Isles and Pens lost today.  Get a win, get back on track, and gain some ground. 

See you from the bottom of 130. 

Edited by bambamcanefan
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Actually, Buffalo is coming off 3 straight shutout losses. I believe I heard on XM they have not scored in 197 minutes of game time. Of course, Eichel didn’t play in the last two, but we need to jump on them early. They have nothing to play for except draft position (sound familiar?)

57 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Good opening scoreboard thus far: Evil Empire and Aisles lose

Can't believe the Red Wings beat the Isles, but that is the fallacy of counting ANYONE out. Come on Canes.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Can't believe the Red Wings beat the Isles, but that is the fallacy of counting ANYONE out. Come on Canes.

If any other pro sports leagues could boast the parity of the NHL to the bitter end, they might become interesting.  No such thing around here as nothing to play for. GO Hawks.

Edited by 2ndsacker

1 hour ago, bluedevilcane said:

Actually, Buffalo is coming off 3 straight shutout losses. I believe I heard on XM they have not scored in 197 minutes of game time. Of course, Eichel didn’t play in the last two, but we need to jump on them early. They have nothing to play for except draft position (sound familiar?)

True, in general.  But I suspect that one Jeff Skinner might be the exception; he worries me.  And Eichel seems like the type who will never lay down, so as you say, need to jump on them early and often.  Don't want to give Skinner a chance to steal one at the end!

Edited by LakeLivin