Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Evil Empire vs. Bunch of Uber-Jerks (19 Mar, 19)

Recommended Posts

Image result for evil empire 

vs 

Image result for the good guys

 

 

 

Tuesday, 19 March 2019...7 pm EDT...the Shrine of Awesomeness (Raleigh, NC)

 

Don't need to expound on how much I hate the Penguins, their fanbase, and especially their GM...so I'll leave it to a great American treasure to explain what's gonna happen:

 

 

(Please hockey gods, give us this one...and make it a blowout.)

 

Edited by AWACSooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pittsburgh is without Malkin.  I wonder how much that will impact their season because sometimes when impact players are out a team's record is worse than when the impact player is on the ice.  He may be out for the season.  Said week to week not day to day so it's not some injury that will get better after a game or two.  Concussion? I never saw the injury I just know it's upper body.

 

Regardless, we need to have our A game ready.  Pittsburgh already beat us at home this year; let's get revenge on them and win this final meeting (not of the season but at home) on home ice.  We need wins during this homestand.  I can't keep saying how important this homestand (because of the opposition we're facing) is to really make some noise in the playoff race.

 

Seven of our last 11 games at home.  We really need to take advantage of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He took a cross check to the ribs by Bortuzzo of the Blues...so probably a serious rib strain.  From experience, those hurt...and take awhile to heal.

 

For all the cheap shots he’s given over the years, he got exactly what he deserved 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win and we are 1 point behind Pittsburgh, along with the added bonus of two games in hand.  Cue the Jeffersons theme...........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, winger52 said:

Win and we are 1 point behind Pittsburgh, along with the added bonus of two games in hand.  Cue the Jeffersons theme...........

Preferably a regulation win 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can’t have another slow start. Jump on them quick and play with a lead. We need to play with the hunger and desperation of a team that hasn’t played in playoffs since 2009. Please,please give us a win tonight! Go Canes! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No time for scoreboard watching tonight. It's time to take care of business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one feels big. Maybe because it is. I know that we don't want to scoreboard watch, but the scoreboard could really help us out. So out of the corner of our eye at least, a win here with a good scoreboard would put us in a really nice position. 

 

The last couple have not been our A game IMO, but we've still found a way. I'd like to see the A game tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Man I thought Weird Al retired, didn't know he had become painfully terrible.

Never was a fan.  He had a couple of funny songs, but how long can you go to the same well to drink before it dries up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, remkin said:

The last couple have not been our A game IMO, but we've still found a way. I'd like to see the A game tonight.

We have a bunch of Canadians on the team...don’t you mean “eh” game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Never was a fan.  He had a couple of funny songs, but how long can you go to the same well to drink before it dries up?

Fine...I’ll give you that...but they all can’t be as great as the Evil Empire’s theme song:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Power of the Pig!!

It's time to send a message to the rest of the league. "We are here to win, and win big."

No nonsense. Let's play 60m and get the victory. With ~10 games left until the playoffs begin, it's time to start rounding into form. These games should start

to be dress rehearsals for the real deal. I'm really excited about tonight and I'm sure the team is as well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't call them the evil empire because empire is in the name.  An empire rules for decades.  They win sometimes.  If anything they have underachieved given the insanely lucky leg up of Crosby and Malkin on the same team.

 

They are a team built around a highly talented competitive punk,.  A team who thinks they can turn it on whenever they need to.  A team with a depleted D Corp who wasn't anywhere near as good as our D Corp even when healthy.

 

With Malkin out and their situation we should win, and I expect to.  It's time we stop affording them the respect that they are something they are not, an empire, and just beat them like a rented mule, just like we did 6 weeks ago.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hag65 said:

I don't call them the evil empire because empire is in the name.  An empire rules for decades.  They win sometimes.  If anything they have underachieved given the insanely lucky leg up of Crosby and Malkin on the same team.

 

They are a team built around a highly talented competitive punk,.  A team who thinks they can turn it on whenever they need to.  A team with a depleted D Corp who wasn't anywhere near as good as our D Corp even when healthy.

 

With Malkin out and their situation we should win, and I expect to.  It's time we stop affording them the respect that they are something they are not, an empire, and just beat them like a rented mule, just like we did 6 weeks ago.

 

2E7C5666-8182-4FB4-94D9-19DF26C0AD31.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a playoff game but I'll be shocked if it's not playoff level intensity.  Foot on the gas pedal and hopefully the puck bounces our way,  I want to see another celly! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

This one is pretty funny IMO. Very different from the ones above. It mentions hockey too. Imagine he's singing to the Marley girl and it's even better.

 

And not only is Weird Al around, he's coming to Cary July 3rd. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I were a betting man, this is the game that makes or breaks the season.  If we win this I find it highly likely that we are in.  If we don't then I fear our chances will soon diminish afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Canes can’t scoreboard watch but I sure will be. Especially since I live out of market and don’t get to see games. I depend on NHL cut ins and highlights. Hopefully the usual center ice preview starts soon since baseball is starting soon. Go Canes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

Never was a fan.  He had a couple of funny songs, but how long can you go to the same well to drink before it dries up?

 

3 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Man I thought Weird Al retired, didn't know he had become painfully terrible.

 

Some good parodies , and a good turn at George Fest in 2014.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

If I were a betting man, this is the game that makes or breaks the season.  If we win this I find it highly likely that we are in.  If we don't then I fear our chances will soon diminish afterwards.

The sky is not falling...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...