The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Evil Empire vs. Bunch of Uber-Jerks (19 Mar, 19)

20 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

Mark my words here.  This is a make or break game.

Two important points -- yes. Make or break game -- no. 

That Pesce highsticking was something else, I'm not sure if it's a Peel's an idiot thing or the rulebook needs a new line written into it but if someone hits you illegally and your stick clips someone from the reaction of the penalty that was comitted to you that shouldn't be a penalty.

And we're back. 

How can you not believe after that? Somewhere between finding a way to win and destiny  Probably more about goaltending, and we finally have some, but either way, that pretty much seals it. Baring a pretty big collapse.

And agree with legend. Not even sure about the same call on Williams? Tripp said, even when you're falling down you're responsible for your stick. Really? 

Yeah the board is back up. It was such a great game and I had no place to share my glee. Bummer!

I wanted to eat a little crow for some of the less than flattering remarks I made yesterday about Fleury. He had a heck of a game.

I wanted to dump on Peel and then when Watson took the whistle out of Peel's hand  I wanted to shout that's the way you referee Tim.

I wanted to share the joy when Zek stopped those dirty birds in the shootout

but I couldn't say any of it. So I will say it now. The Storm Surge is coming!

• Like 1

Best game of the year! A battle all the way. MRAZEK was fantastic and to blank them in the SO was special. Keep rolling boys.

Yea, when unable to get on this site, I figured we were being hacked by either someone from the Evil Empire, or else " gloom and doom" put a curse on us? Either way, I'm overjoyed with the outcome and celebrate this team's resilience in overcoming that group. The game should instill confidence in them, and further resurrect that 05-06 mantra, Whatever It Takes.

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 2

That Williams goal just felt like one of those "watershed" moments that you go back and watch, and get choked up when you're watching the Championship DVD after the season is over. Incredible. 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

except for the usual Tim Peel inept officiating.

I wanted to puke when the 2nd "double call" happened.  We should have had 2 PP's.  He just wanted to put both captains in the box same time.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

That’s what Marley Girl said 

And Smiling Bob And who can forget the "Beep Beep" girl.             image.png.0742cf6b40eb35d54e792899bb6a6a8e.pngimage.png.63615a2985e038d197fec1ae65114bd8.png

Edited by cc

11 minutes ago, cc said:

I wanted to puke when the 2nd "double call" happened.  We should have had 2 PP's.  He just wanted to put both captains in the box same time.

That was one of the most frustratingly officiated games I have watched in a long time.  Obvious Pens penalties that the refs had to call, but since it was Sid against Williams, they had to even it up.  Replay showed Sid's teammates stick clipping him in the face while J Willy has his stick on the ice chasing the puck.  The high stick call on Pesce was criminal.  The place erupted when we showed replays on both of them.

Great trolling toward the end of the game by Canesvision.  If you were there, hopefully, you caught it.

I guess the Evil Empire hacked our forum to take it down so we couldn't enjoy last night's victory.

Agreed with others' comments on the double penalties called. Interesting to see Williams go over to Sid and tell him, "You're own player high stick you, you know" I think I saw Sid nod in agreement.

Still two games in hand on the Evil Empire and one on the Isles and Jackets! Another huge game Thursday against the Bolts, who celebrated the President's Cup last night. Maybe they'll fall to that curse! Up 3pts on the Jackets!!

Hurricanes West took down the Blue Jackets. Saw Hanifin take a shot off the helmet blocking a shot. Where was that when he was here!

Edited by hopper915

Stoopid Canes!  I'm really tired this morning because I had to delay watching the game by about an hour, and then it took a long time to get to sleep due to the surge in energy after that comeback. What a bunch of inconsiderate Jerks!

side note: Whoo Hoo!!!

side note 2: how was the Duck Hunt in person?  I suspect it lost a bit on tv.

side note 3: that seed of doubt in my mind is stubborn but it keeps shrinking, and is down to the size of a grain of rice.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

that seed of doubt in my mind is stubborn but it keeps shrinking, and is down to the size of a grain of rice.

Confusius say:  Even a Hemorrhoid the size of a grain of rice causes irritation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

@bluedevil58, why say you now?

I am happy.  That was a real nail biter.  Now I am wondering if Mzarek is our go to guy next year and what should we sign him for.  I love his reactions.  He is pumped and into it and reminds me of Dominik Hasek.

37 minutes ago, cc said:

Confusius say:  Even a Hemorrhoid the size of a grain of rice causes irritation.

Confusius also say, Crowed elevator smell very different to little person. 

And if BD58 is happy then I think we're all happy! And isn't that nice!

I thought Coastal might really like that Storm Surge from last night!

11 minutes ago, remkin said:

I thought Coastal might really like that Storm Surge from last night!

I was thinking he had something to do with it...

• Like 2

Great win- This team continues to prove "not the same ole canes"- So delightful.

The Duck hunting storm surge even made ESPN's game center today

7 hours ago, bambamcanefan said:

Obvious Pens penalties that the refs had to call, but since it was Sid against Williams, they had to even it up.

And Pens crybabies can complain all they want, but if it was anybody but Cynthia, what she did to Aho is a slewfoot and supplementary discipline. She might think she disguised it, but she didn't fool anyone. She did however, flirt with ending Aho's season, and she should be called to account.

And don't even get me started on that creep Jack Johnson.

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

*edit* happened to the board last night? Did AWACS call in a bomber squadron to take out the server farm somewhere?

Why use a bomb when I could simply do an electronic attack or a cyber attack? ;)

CC0A3298-06C3-440D-A9B1-A409B609CAF8.gif

2 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

And don't even get me started on that creep Jack Johnson.

I’ve tried to find sympathy for him due to his financial stupidity, but then I just can’t seem to...

He’s an overrated and overpaid AHL-er.   And I’m a RELISHING the fact JR signed him to that moronic contract.