The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Evil Empire vs. Bunch of Uber-Jerks (19 Mar, 19)

8 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

*edit* happened to the board last night? Did AWACS call in a bomber squadron to take out the server farm somewhere?

Russian meddling in premier American sports message board.

10 minutes ago, cc said:

Don’t look like they like each other

Find me a team in this league that LIKES the Craps

38 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Currently 4-3 Bolts over Craps in 2nd...Bolts have 3 PPG’s...yeesh

Hopefully the Bolts will be exhausted from chasing Alex Ovenrooster all night.....

As to the Surge, I'll give a critique, as one duck hunter to another....

Love they had "glove decoys" on the ice, an important part of a good duck hunt.  Your only as good as your decoys.

Ferland had an auto loader, Faulk was shooting a pump.  Nice touch that probably went unnoticed.  Obviously, those two are the outdoors kinda guys on the team.  I've heard that anyway, so no surprise.  I can connect.

I played that video game for hours at duck camp with all the other kids lucky enough that had grandpas that liked to shoot ducks.

Duck Hunt, my favorite so far.

• Like 2

Damn Craps send it to OT...and Kuznetsov does his usual lame *edit* flapping bird celly

Edit: can we sic Ferland and Faulk on his *edit*?

Edited by AWACSooner

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Damn Craps send it to OT...and Kuznetsov does his usual lame *edit* flapping bird celly

Edit: can we sic Ferland and Faulk on his *edit*?

I hate the Craps got a point, but keeping the Bolts playing tonight means they'll land in RDU later too!

Maybe they'll go deep into a shoot-out.

Great game! Too bad the board was down.

Is it only me or the bunch of jerks was really moking pittsburg with SHOOTing ducks (a la penguins) after the SHOOTout win? 

3 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

There is no hunting season on penguins, why don't you people know this?

Yea, orcas and seals don’t need permission.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Pretty crazy back and forth too. Hopefully they are tired for tomorrow.

I hope so too. But even if they weren't we've played them well thus far this season they just beat us.  However, I think I found the Bolts possible Achilles heel going into the playoffs.  Giving up the first goal.  I heard the other day that they have like 30 something wins this season giving up the first goal.  That's all fine and dandy now because they obviously have the players to help them come back BUT in the playoffs when a team gets a lead the defense usually tightens up.  TB can't make it a habit to give up the first goal in the playoffs as well because that will be their downfall.

Now that I said that, lets score early and often tonight to wrap up our series with a win against them tonight.

I am also for the idea of resting their stars.  I know it will never happen but they've already clinched everything there is to clinch.  They have nothing left to prove this season.  Rest their top scorers to get them ready for the playoffs.  The Braves back in the day would always do that after clinching; they'd sit their best players to keep them fresh for the playoffs.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

8 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

There is no hunting season on penguins, why don't you people know this?

That's only because there aren't any hunters where penguins usually live.  When they come to you, game on.  You won't be shooting into the air, tho...