Tampa Bay @ Carolina

Thursday, 21 March, 2019

7 pm EdT

PNC Arena

Steps to winning:

1. Score more than them

2. Stay out of penalty box

3. Hope they’re exhausted from last nights emotional OT win vs Craps

Win this and we officially put the eastern conference on notice that they are for real. I really think that outside of the Bolts themselves no one wants to draw the Canes in the dance. Right now they are a scary dangerous team that has shown they can play with anyone in the league, has great timely net minding, can score when the pressure is on, and can slow down the highest scoring teams, and to top that off most of the team is young and dumb and doesnt realize they are not supposed to be this good yet. That is a hard team to have to deal with for a group of old vets like most of the rest of the team in the East.

• Like 2

Who do we throw to the wolves ah challenge tonight, McE or Zek? All games are winnable including this one. The Bolts won't take the night off so we need to bring our A game. I agree with Derailed, win this one and we make a statement.

14 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Who do we throw to the wolves ah challenge tonight, McE or Zek? All games are winnable including this one. The Bolts won't take the night off so we need to bring our A game. I agree with Derailed, win this one and we make a statement.

No offense intended for CMac but I think Mragic has been the better backstopper the past couple of weeks so I say go with Sneaky Pete to give ourselves the best chance to beat the best team in the league. I saw no evidence last night that the Bolts have any intentions of taking the foot off that gas pedal.

It's Mac for me.  Our goalie formula has been working close to perfection, don't change it now.  I could see giving Mragic a few more starts, but keep it 1A and 1B, especially with us playing so regularly the rest of the season (every other day plus back-to-backs this weekend and next).

Edited by LakeLivin

11 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Let me go talk to Mike Bales and then i'll let you know who i think should get the start.

Speaking of which, Bales has hardly been mentioned when it comes to talk about the Canes success this season.  He may well be as big a factor as any one other individual.

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Speaking of which, Bales has hardly been mentioned when it comes to talk about the Canes success this season.  He may well be as big a factor as any one other individual.

He did get some credit during the Pitt game. They mentioned that he keeps pressing the right button when it comes to game selections. McE had the better record against Pitt and Bales chose Mrazek. The goalies have also given Bales kudos during the season as well on how he has kept them fresh but yet busy during workouts. I agree that he deserves more credit for our goalies overall performance. Perhaps he is the goalie whisperer.

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Ferland-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
de Haan-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

McElhinney

59 minutes ago, ironman87 said:

From twitter, it looks like De Haan draws back in.  McE in net, Saku as the healthy extra.

Go Canes!

It looks like de Hann is expected to dress in but the latest has Brindy hedging his bet a little. Either way it is amazing to me how quickly de Hann is back.

Have I said One game at a time. One point (2) at a time yet.

I think I better not tempt fate and post it.

One game at a time. One point (2) at a time

• Like 2

A win in this one would be amazing, and strike a dagger in our chasers who are probably counting on this one to go bad for us.

Honestly, I’m not expecting a W...I just want a solid effort and an ON TIME START!

We owe the Bolts the loss which we snatched from the jaws of victory in their barn not too long ago... but seemingly loooong before our keepers were this confident, our D this tight, and Nino was in the fold.

I fully expect us to give it to them.

We should be up. They should be, well, less up. Played last night. Secured home ice. Take us lightly maybe. 

Yes, if we get two points here? Smooth saliling.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, remkin said:

We should be up. They should be, well, less up. Played last night. Secured home ice. Take us lightly maybe. 

Yes, if we get two points here? Smooth saliling.

you would hope but i feel Cooper will get the Bolts motivated and make sure they know Canes arent to be taken lightly. I think you have to get them early and maybe the Bolts will take a breath. If its close, then they are gonna motivated to Bolt us. Even a big lead isnt safe against them either. 

I'd be happy if we come away with 1 point against the best team in the league. 2 would be icing on the cake!

Evil Empire plays the Preds tonight, so we hold onto our 2 magic beans with them

Isles play the Habs, so we hold onto our 1 magic bean with them

Jackets play the Oliers, so we hold onto our 1 magic bean with them