The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Jerks vs Bolts (21 Mar, 19)

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

5AD671DE-3744-4AA6-BA50-E23FDC99D99A.gif

One of the funniest SNL bits in a long time. Loved Chance the Rapper in that. had no idea he was funny. 

" Go back to that last shot, and I want to point out there is a black hockey fan in the stands and he doesnt seem to be cold, I'm going to tlk to him after the game and find out how he does it."

The Canes are going to win this game tonight !  Lightning never faced McElhinney   the last two times , nor  did they  have to face the threat of  NINO   coming hard on them .   The Lightning also had a game last night and  had  to travel  .  The Canes  Will be  on them like white on rice tonight ! 

Edited by Canesfanforever

I want to see a win live because: WWJD?   What Will Jerks Do for the Storm Surge?

No, not really.  I want to see a win live because it is fun, and it gets them closer to playoff entry.

45 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

I want to see a win live because: WWJD?   What Will Jerks Do for the Storm Surge?

No, not really.  I want to see a win live because it is fun, and it gets them closer to playoff entry.

I want the Canes to win 'em all, but if it comes down to one or the other I'd much rather win at home than on the road.  Part of that is the Storm Surge and the other part is rewarding the Canes fans in attendance.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Like I said when he got hurt...the eye is the fastest healing organ in the body

Fastest or second fastest depending on whether Marley girl is involved...

Edited by Red_Storm
  • Like 2

Tampa's PP is number one in the NHL hitting just under 30%. At least their PK is...........also number one in the NHL (this is just not fair). Indexed, if we go into a special teams battle with them, they are almost exactly twice as likely to gain a goal. So let's not do that.

Last nights game vs the Caps was a heavyweight battle. Tampa has nothing to really play for -standing or position wise - and still went into the Caps barn and kicked their *edit* for most of the game. This one is going to be a doozy for us, and time to show we can hang with the big boys.

• Like 1

No real way to know the resolve of a team with so much depth, cause at any time, a couple lines could be cruising, and a couple more just flipping the switch on. I'd say this, IF the bolts are EVER vulnerable on a travel B2B and sitting with seasonal goals in the bank, a team on the rise like our boys would be the perfect situation they could buck up and capitalize on. I would think, though probably unspoken, our boys have in their minds how much they'd enjoy sending a message, at least that the two tough games they played them before was no accident. We have the tools to challenge them no doubt, might need a few breaks and minimal penalties. Just do it.

Nice to be back! Missed my new family Tuesday night after the server issues that were going on... Another test tonight and I am ready to watch the fireworks! Hopefully it wont be a crazy nail biter because I have nothing left to bite after Tuesday nights game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

The Canes are going to win this game tonight !  Lightning never faced McElhinney   the last two times , nor  did they  have to face the threat of  NINO   coming hard on them .   The Lightning also had a game last night and  had  to travel  .  The Canes  Will be  on them like white on rice tonight ! 

That is true but he has faced them in his career but that was before the current TB team.  He last faced them I believe like 4 or five years ago.  He lost but didn't do too bad.  I think gave up like 2 goals.  But, anything can happen.  Just beat them.  That's all I want to see.  I want to see Carolina win tonight.  We already know they can skate with TB but we need to stay out of the box.  In TB's victories this year their PP has KILLED us because the majority of their goals were scored on the PP (the 2 goals not counting the empty netter in last game vs TB were scored on the PP)  But it's killed every team.  They scored 3 times on the PP vs Washington yesterday.

If we stay out of the box we have a shot.  If we commit a lot of penalties the game may be over before it starts.

If we play them like we played Pittsburgh on Tuesday we have a shot.  We have played TB well both times this year.  We're one of the few teams they haven't blown out of the water this year on the scoreboard as of yet.

53 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Last nights game vs the Caps was a heavyweight battle. Tampa has nothing to really play for -standing or position wise - and still went into the Caps barn and kicked their *edit* for most of the game. This one is going to be a doozy for us, and time to show we can hang with the big boys.

Not really true.  Washington outshot them last night 58-28.  If it wasn't for Vasilevsky it may have been a different result.  He was phenomenal.  I didn't watch the game but I saw the highlights.  He made some Grade A saves last night.

4 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Not really true.  Washington outshot them last night 58-28.  If it wasn't for Vasilevsky it may have been a different result.  He was phenomenal.  I didn't watch the game but I saw the highlights.  He made some Grade A saves last night.

Im aware of the stats, as I did watch the game.  The stats dont reflect the stretches of the game Tampa really manhandled Washington. The Caps are most times the aggressor, but last night that wasn't the case. Of course, the Caps fought back.