The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Battle of the Network Staals (Canes vs Wild), 23 Mar 19

15 minutes ago, hag65 said:

if philly is eliminated maybe we get an easier time when we play them.  Silver lining.

Yah right 

K folks...I’m at the lobby at BB...

I put down for a table of at least 8...don’t leave me hangin ;)

Edited by AWACSooner

Ok folks...getting packed...I’m gonna ask for a table for 6...if anyone else wants to join up, PM me.  Or just look for a group of folks with a mini-me in a pink Canes jersey 

4 minutes ago, bambamcanefan said:

Wave to me at the bottom of 130 a

We’ll be on the glass in 107

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Ok folks...getting packed...I’m gonna ask for a table for 6...if anyone else wants to join up, PM me.  Or just look for a group of folks with a mini-me in a pink Canes jersey 

wish i could be there! but if we get in and go places, I will be in Cary April 23-April 29 so maybe some playoff action...

Edited by EyeOfTheStorm

Note to self: next time, suggest a group tailgate meeting...BB is MOBBED, and half of em are Minnesota fans!

Just now, AWACSooner said:

Note to self: next time, suggest a group tailgate meeting...BB is MOBBED, and half of em are Minnesota fans!

oh no so the big crowd is gonna be a ton of Wild fans 😐 

Just now, EyeOfTheStorm said:

oh no so the big crowd is gonna be a ton of Wild fans 😐 

I saw quite a few at the airport when we got in this afternoon...got a sinking feeling at their crowd tonight.  Hope we can silence them early and often.

Hello, traveling hockey fan here looking for some advice. I’m going to tomorrows Canes game and was hoping for some hotel, parking and restaurant suggestions from the locals if possible. Thank you. 

Edited by winecountrysharksfan

14 minutes ago, winecountrysharksfan said:

Hello, traveling hockey fan here looking for some advice. I’m going to tomorrows Canes game and was hoping for some hotel, parking and restaurant suggestions from the locals if possible. Thank you. 

Backyard Bistro for restaurant, Four Points by Sheraton: Arena for hotel

I hope the Canes don't take Minnesota lightly tonight.  Minnesota seems to elevate their play when playing top teams.  They beat the Lightning in TB 3-0 earlier this month (proves TB is beatable) and they beat the Caps 2-1 last night.

Dubnyk, whom will be starting in net tonight per the Wild's website is 7-2-1 vs Carolina in his career.  Minnesota is 3-1-3 at PNC arena.  Mrazek is 0-1 vs the Wild; McE actually has the better numbers; he's like 3-1-1 vs the Wild in his career GAA below 3.

Last year on opening night we beat the Wild in a SO here.  Hopefully we'll have a similar result.  I don't care what the final score is as long as the 2 points go to us.  No more implosions.  After Thursday nights implosion to the Lightning anything less than a quick start from Carolina would be unacceptable.  I expect them to come out flying in this game and get the jump on the Wild early; maybe get 2 goals in 30 seconds like we did vs NJ earlier this year when Williams and Ferland scored like 10 seconds apart in the 1st period.  A win tonight would be huge and if Buffalo beats Montreal tonight we'd have a little more breathing room and hopefully be able to put the final dagger in Montreal's heart (in regards to catching us) tomorrow night.  Don't want to jump ahead though.

As Coastal_Caniac says, 'Just win'.

Also, not that it means anything but the Wild are not as good in the 2nd half of back to backs; they're 9-6 in the first half and 6-5-3 in the 2nd half.  This is their last set of back to back.  Found this on Wild's website

On the other side we're playing .500 hockey on the 1st half of our back to backs (6-6-3).  In 2nd half we're 11-3-1.  That is if I did all the tallying right when looking at the B2B games played thus far this season.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

1 minute ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I can't believe the refs have not called any penalties yet!!!

After the 🤬 we saw, the other night, it's kind of refreshing, isn't it?

1 minute ago, wscaniac said:

After the 🤬 we saw, the other night, it's kind of refreshing, isn't it?

Yes, finally a game where the refs are just letting them play.  😊😉😉