The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Battle of the Network Staals (Canes vs Wild), 23 Mar 19

4 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Lots of speed in this game so far .   The canes can play at this pace  but they just need to be careful   of not getting caught off guard  in the transition !

I'm just glad Carolina appears to be on their game and not falling asleep.  I'm not worried about their team speed.  They can skate with every team in the NHL including TB.  Penalties have always killed them vs TB.  This is actually a good, normal, playoff type game.  Refs letting them play.  Reminds me of the Pittsburgh game recently but with more flow and less penalties.

It's clear the canes  can play with anyone  but  they need to take their time   and make smart passes to one another  and not   just fling the puck when getting pressured ,  that kind of Bull   is peewee  hockey and these guys are paid professionals  and should start acting like it ! 

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

It's clear the canes  can play with anyone  but  they need to take their time   and make smart passes to one another  and not   just fling the puck when getting pressured ,  that kind of Bull   is peewee  hockey and these guys are paid professionals  and should start acting like it ! 

I hate it when teams clear the puck when pressured; it's different if in the defensive zone but take a hit to make a play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

This PP crap is either going to cost this team getting to the playoffs or even losing a series.  Starting to get old.

A  teams chances  of  going far in the playoffs let alone making it  has to be top  ten  in pp  / pk .   I'm willing to bet the canes pk is top ten  but the pp sure as hell isn't !

1 minute ago, bluedevil58 said:

This PP crap is either going to cost this team getting to the playoffs or even losing a series.  Starting to get old.

I'm not worried about our PP.  Every PP goes into ruts at some point; ours is just magnified because it's not clicking during a playoff race.  It'll come through.

Their goalie is keeping them in it. We own them so far on 5 on 5 play

Just now, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I'm not worried about our PP.  Every PP goes into ruts at some point; ours is just magnified because it's not clicking during a playoff race.  It'll come through.

It's not in a rut.  It has sucked the entire season.

• Like 1

The wilds defense  is Collapsing  before  carolina  even enters the zone .  Canes need  men in front of the net making deflections   if  they are going to be taking any shots !  C'mon Rod  get them doing this ! 

I know no goals but that was a really good, free flowing first period.  Thank you refs for letting them play.  Carolina a lot of chances but Dubynk has loomed large.  Mrazek has made some dandies too.  Both teams have jump early.  A for effort by the Canes in that period.

• Like 1

svech almost tucked that one into the 5 hole. Gotta figure their goalie out. Thinking we'll build our game in the second.

19 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

A  teams chances  of  going far in the playoffs let alone making it  has to be top  ten  in pp  / pk .   I'm willing to bet the canes pk is top ten  but the pp sure as hell isn't !

This is just not true. You have to have a PK, but a PP is nothing but a bonus. Many teams with mid to low ranked PPs have made deep runs into the playoffs. Just cause you keep saying it doesnt make it true

Just to add Florida is the 2 ranked PP right now and Montreal is dead last.

Last year Craps and Knights we in the teens rank wise. 

Edited by Derailed75
  • Like 4

Just now, Red_Storm said:

Dub has been solid. Canes playing well except for a lot of missed connections on outlet passes from their defensive zone. 

I hope that does not prove to be Fatal to the Canes  .   Those erroneous passes  can  be read if the team-play is predictable .