The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Les Habs vs Les Jerques, 24 Mar 19

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

No...not when the clearing attempts and passing were blind efforts due to low situational awareness 

We won, isn't that what's important.  Game over, two points. 

• Like 3

Just now, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

It is...to an extent...

1 minute ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

"No that’s too high."
"Too high?!"

"Too high?"

"You know, the trajectory." 

"Who gives a @#$%, its gone."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hag65 said:

"No that’s too high."
"Too high?!"

"Too high?"

"You know, the trajectory." 

"Who gives a @#$%, its gone."

Did you know he’s a convicted felon in seven states?

No he’s not!

Well he should be!

Just now, AWACSooner said:

It is...to an extent...

I don't care how the teams play was this last game although it was not that bad.  Montreal is FAST, give them credit and give Price credit.  For a back to back he played well and MTL was flying.  I was a little surprised how quick they came out of the gate.  As the game went on the play seemed to slow from them a bit and I think that's because they were feeling it in the B2B or it's because we had picked it up a notch because about 5 minutes to go in the 2nd when we finally had our first shot and chances on Price was when I noticed we kicked it up a notch and we came out hard in the third and got rewarded.  We got two points, thank you Svech and I'm happy and waiting for tomorrow.

Washington will be interesting these next two games.  We haven't beaten them this season but at the same time when we last played them we weren't playing like we have been the last two months.  Washington does not play fast like MTL, they're more like Minnesota and Minnesota beat them before we clobbered Minnesota the next night. This is why I'm thinking during this home and home vs Washington we can get at least 1 win vs them home or away (sweep would be dandy).

• Like 1

Just stay out of the dadgum box.   (That's for you realm)

Anybody that gets beat on an Ovi-top-of-the-circle-PP-one-timer, deserves to loose. 

Edited by sleekfeeder

Good win, but that 2nd was bad.  McE saved their bacon (again).  You could see the frustration and how it worked its way into bad decisions vs make the simple, patient play.  Hopefully a lesson learned, but I thought that after Tampa and JW's wakeup call, too.

58 minutes ago, Manwolf said:

Good win, but that 2nd was bad.  McE saved their bacon (again).  You could see the frustration and how it worked its way into bad decisions vs make the simple, patient play.  Hopefully a lesson learned, but I thought that after Tampa and JW's wakeup call, too.

We looked gassed in the 2nd until about 5 minutes to go when we finally got our FIRST SHOT of the period and had some chances on Price.  Maybe what Brindamour said on the bench when they cut to him during a break in play got the team going.

Also, speaking of JW, I'm curious as to why he was not on the ice during the OT? He's Mr. Clutch.  He needs to be out there.  The last time I saw him play in OT was in Buffalo when he was with Teuvo.  I don't know if he was out there when we played Pittsburgh earlier in the homestand.  He was Aho's linemate in OT at the beginning of the season but that's now Nino and it appears to be Staal and Svech (it was last night) and I was surprised to see two defenseman (Hamilton and Pesce) out with Teuvo last night. 

I guess in OT you can send out whatever three players you want during a change.

The important thing is we won but I think Mr. Clutch needs to get some OT ice time.

1 hour ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

We looked gassed in the 2nd until about 5 minutes to go when we finally got our FIRST SHOT of the period and had some chances on Price.  Maybe what Brindamour said on the bench when they cut to him during a break in play got the team going.

Also, speaking of JW, I'm curious as to why he was not on the ice during the OT? He's Mr. Clutch.  He needs to be out there.  The last time I saw him play in OT was in Buffalo when he was with Teuvo.  I don't know if he was out there when we played Pittsburgh earlier in the homestand.  He was Aho's linemate in OT at the beginning of the season but that's now Nino and it appears to be Staal and Svech (it was last night) and I was surprised to see two defenseman (Hamilton and Pesce) out with Teuvo last night. 

I guess in OT you can send out whatever three players you want during a change.

The important thing is we won but I think Mr. Clutch needs to get some OT ice time.

it could have something to do with speed. He isnt the fastest guy on earth and you look at the competition. Its just a thought though. 

21 hours ago, Chuffy_McChufferson said:

And just imagine if Necas can reach the potential that we hope he can. We could have 4 superstars in Aho, Turbo, Svech, Necas. And that doesn't even count our D-men.

I think he will. That is the top 4 of elite. Then add Nino, Jordan, and maybe pick up one more elite guy up front, imagine Fox also being what he could be, and the future is bright indeed. 😎

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

The problem is, if we resign everyone and get a UFA, we run are running towards the top half in spending.  

Pavelski is my guy in the UFA.  3 year deal, although 2 year would be my bag (dont think he goes for that).  RH shot, Faceoff winner, and SJ will have a hard time paying him if they keep everyone.  That way we could move Faulk for futures.  tom would really have to be all for spending 76-80 million though.  I'd expect we are at 70-72 million before Ferland.  Of course I'd expect Pavelski to cost more than Faulk's AAV as well.  

Nino-Aho-Svech

Turbo-Pavelski-Necas

Ferland-Staal-Williams

Martinook-Wallmark-Foegele/Maen/McGinn would be a solid (and expensive lineup)

Slavin-Hamilton

De Haan-Pesce

The last 2 spots are Fleury, Fox, Bean, and TVR's to battle for.

Don’t think Ferland stays for third line role and money. Love his grit, but without first line talent feeding him, he might not score 15 goals. Move Martinook up instead?

Edited by bluedevilcane

17 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'm not sure what those folks were seeing, but effort is one thing that was there the whole game for the Canes, IMO.

The Canes had all kinds of effort in both teams' zones, below the dots. But from about 10 minutes in the first until the start of the third, I saw a team that was awful throughout the 140 feet between those two sets of dots (zero possession up high in either end, and awful through the neutral zone) and which seemed content to let Mac bail them out.

I don't think we'll be seeing that kind of laziness again, anytime soon.

11 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

Don’t think Ferland stays for third line role and money. Love his grit, but without first line talent feeding him, he might not score 15 goals. Move Martinook up instead?

Sadly, I agree with you on Ferland, and that makes me wonder who will take up the "enforcer" banner? Martinook can add some of that, but he is no #79? Is it possible that Ferls likes this team and area enough, and IF he feels like we are trending upward to give him a chance to the ultimate prize, that he'd forego "goals" for the chance to settle in and be a role player? This could happen, particularly if his UFA status does not pan out for a big pay day?

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Sadly, I agree with you on Ferland, and that makes me wonder who will take up the "enforcer" banner? Martinook can add some of that, but he is no #79? Is it possible that Ferls likes this team and area enough, and IF he feels like we are trending upward to give him a chance to the ultimate prize, that he'd forego "goals" for the chance to settle in and be a role player? This could happen, particularly if his UFA status does not pan out for a big pay day?

I like Ferland but Nino made him expendable scoring-wise and while he does fit the 'enforcer' description more than anyone else on the team, an enforcer isn't very useful when he hurts his pinky every time he gets into a fight and misses the rest of the game.  If i were Brenda i'd probably go so far as to ask him just to play with an edge and try not to fight, and if i were Waddell i'd make him an offer based on his abilities as a 3rd-line grinder with an edge, not as a scorer or a fighter.  That's just me, though, of course.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EyeOfTheStorm said:

it could have something to do with speed. He isnt the fastest guy on earth and you look at the competition. Its just a thought though. 

Agreed, in 3-3 hockey its all about matchup's and speed. Against a speed team like Hab's- Williams older legs can get left behind quickly. You can quickly get into a 2-3 end to end rush by both teams and that is a young mans game. Give me the Aho's ,Svetch and turbo against speed teams and let the older players smile and watch 

Ferland might not find a team that plays him on top line. Too bad he won’t stay as a 3rd liner with the chance to move up in the lineup when needed. 

• Like 1