The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
AWACSooner

GDT: Jerks @ Craps...26 Mar; 19

Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals

26 March, 2019...7 pm EDT

Please just win...and in regulation.

Flying tonight, ladies and gents...so enjoy for me.

• Like 1

We haven't been getting the scoreboard help i've been wanting to allow us to pass the Isles, but because of these next 2 games we hold some destiny in our hands in perhaps passing the Caps.  Score more than they do, guys.

I have to pick up Mrs. Realm at the airport tonight at 7:40 so i'll likely be missing the entirety of the game, or at the very least the first 2 periods.  Yell them on for me, guys.

27 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I have to pick up Mrs. Realm at the airport tonight at 7:40 so i'll likely be missing the entirety of the game, or at the very least the first 2 periods.  Yell them on for me, guys.

Make her Uber it...she’ll understand ;)

• Like 2

Maniscalco's living the dream of calling a game on the radio since I guess NBC won't let the Canes simulcast it. Wonder if calling games some sort of side hobby he's been working on? Otherwise, if he's winging it....God bless.  

22 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Maniscalco's living the dream of calling a game on the radio since I guess NBC won't let the Canes simulcast it. Wonder if calling games some sort of side hobby he's been working on? Otherwise, if he's winging it....God bless.  

This is frightening...

18 minutes ago, hag65 said:

This is frightening...

Phew! 

In the "Unread Messages" window it showed just your post and not the one you quoted.  I was fearing that maybe Aho had knock-on knee issues (pun intended), Ferland or Staal a concussion relapse, etc.  I can live with Maniscalco doing radio, lol.   

• Like 3

Caps can clinch the playoffs with a win here (and the right losses for others). I think they will be trying to show us who's boss. As always, big win if we can get it. 

Sportsclubstats. I have to believe them, right? If Columbus and Montreal win, and we don't get points here, they'd be 1 point and 3 points back with around 6 to play. Yet SCS insists we have a 98% chance of getting in weighted, and 97% non weighted. Why am I having trouble believing it's THAT good? 

Mrazek stay on fire. Team: no periods off in the next two. 

Get this one!

3 minutes ago, remkin said:

If Columbus and Montreal win, and we don't get points here, they'd be 1 point and 3 points back with around 6 to play. Yet SCS insists we have a 98% chance of getting in weighted, and 97% non weighted. Why am I having trouble believing it's THAT good? 

I think a lot of that percentage is based on Montreal's murderous upcoming schedule.  After Florida, they're @Columbus,  @Winnipeg,  home against Tampa, @Washington, and home against Toronto. 

• Like 2

Go get this 2 points boys! 60 minutes of in your face hockey and don’t give them any power plays. We know the scoreboard help rarely goes our way so we have to just win! Go Canes! 

• Like 1

Seems to me like tonight could go a long way towards indicating whether the rest of the season is geared towards moving up the playoff ladder or holding off those below us. Here's hoping the boys give Surf a win at home.  (he's a Canes fan who lives in Washington for those who don't know)

I'm going to keep an eye on Carolina tonight.  They seemed to have cooled down.  Not their streak but from this...Four of their last 6 games they've given up the first goal (Pittsburgh and Minnesota are the only games they didn't).  Fortunately, they've come back to win 2 of those 4 but they can't keep chasing the game between now and the end of the season. 

Washington is also 1-1-1 on this homestand.  Losses to TB in OT, Minnesota in regulation and a victory (sweep) vs the Flyers.  They've swept the Rangers and Flyers this year.

Us on the other hand, we're only 10-10-2 vs our own division.  We need to improve that.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

9 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Carolina Hurricanes @ Washington Capitals

26 March, 2019...7 pm EDT

Please just win...and in regulation.

Flying tonight, ladies and gents...so enjoy for me.

I'll actually be fine with a three point game as long as we get the extra point.  2 is greater than 1.  I know it's greater than 0 but regardless if we do have a three point game one of these games and get the extra 2 we'll be 1 point closer to Washington.

37 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Happy Birthday, Andrey!

How about he celebrates it with his first career hatty.  I mean, why not, he just had the biggest goal of his life thus far (OT GWG vs Montreal).

• Like 2