The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Capitals @ Hurricanes 3/28 7pm

Big Big Game...again

cut.png

PREVIEW

The Caps are trying to lock down first place in the Metro. The Hurricanes are trying to keep the wolves at bay. With Montreal one point back of the Canes and CBJ only two points out of a wildcard spot tonight's game is huge. In a season of big games this one looms as large as any before it.

It;s great to have a three team race for the last two spots but enough already. Lets put this race to bed. Let's not worry about what anyone else does let's just take care of business.

One game at a time. One point (2) at a time

• Like 1

The win Tuesday was spearheaded by Ovie. if anyone saw him on the bench prior to his scoring, he looked like a wet chicken, then when the Canes did what they do best, and graciously allowed an underdog to score, ala players who've never scored at this level or goalies just up from AHL a win, then all of a sudden he and the team sprung to life. Tonight just staple someone to him, and start him on a new scoreless streak, particularly on the damn PP?

• Like 1

Flush the Tuesday game and move on. As I said a few months ago losses will happen just dont let them pile up. Win this one and get ready for B2B weekend.

Gotta keep my eyes on Sportsclubstats since the regular scoreboard has been painful. That, and we have to just keep winning. I'll be in attendance, and I expect to see a stormsurge. Sportsclubstats still insists we're 90% in unweighted, and 93% weighted. The thing is that I'm sure those numbers assume we keep winning games. So start again tonight.

BTW I was watching ESPN as they counted down the best NFL touchdown celebrations. These little pantomimes go on during the game with the other team right there unlike ours where the other guys are gone. 

Get this one.

Looks like Maenalanen out and Foegele in.  McE gets the crease

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Ferland-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
de Haan-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

McElhinney

Just now, remkin said:

Brindy admits team was flat and gassed in Washington. OK. But bring it tonight!

Better than the song and dance we had under the two previous coaches 

• Like 1

This team has shown they can play and win from behind on occasion, but boy I'd love to see the good guys notch the first goal or two early so they're not chasing this game.

• Like 3

Justin Williams  on twitter was saying this game was the last storm surge of the season .    I get why  they would run out of ideas  for it  but i thought the canes had at least   2 more games  , the flyers   this month and the devils   in april at home .    i wonder if  Justin knew this or not ?   Either way the man has made the claim so even he is expecting the team to win tonight  .     So   the caps  are pretty much going to play the same way against the Canes tonight .   I wonder what the canes are going to do differently  .   Because  the Caps defense  still has not stopped using that  european trap   ,   and they still love to prevent  plays from being made out to the middle .   

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

Justin Williams  on twitter was saying this game was the last storm surge of the season .    I get why  they would run out of ideas  for it  but i thought the canes had at least   2 more games  , the flyers   this month and the devils   in april at home .    i wonder if  Justin knew this or not ?   Either way the man has made the claim so even he is expecting the team to win tonight  .     So   the caps  are pretty much going to play the same way against the Canes tonight .   I wonder what the canes are going to do differently  .   Because  the Caps defense  still has not stopped using that  european trap   ,   and they still love to prevent  plays from being made out to the middle .   

SCORE more than 1

2 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Strange...I hope the storm surge they're planning is not one that looks like their season is over and no playoffs, like them 'golfing'! 😦

It says regardless of the outcome. I guess this storm surge is for the fans. After that it's down to business. Will either be fighting for our playoff life or getting ready for the playoffs.It's hockey time in Carolina.

3 minutes ago, OBXer said:

It says regardless of the outcome. I guess this storm surge is for the fans. After that it's down to business. Will either be fighting for our playoff life or getting ready for the playoffs.It's hockey time in Carolina.

Yeah, gotta think the message Willy is sending to the yutes is "no distractions, balls to the wall from here on out".

• Like 2