The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Capitals @ Hurricanes 3/28 7pm

4 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Yeah, gotta think the message Willy is sending to the yutes is "no distractions, balls to the wall from here on out".

Exactly!

They say you can't win a dance contest without the partner who brung ya. Translation: Top 6 production, PK and goal tending. A little momentum built on the PP might even help. Get this one and it looks a WHOLE lot different down the stretch. 

This is a team that, as it stands now, we are likely to face should we stay in the playoffs, and this game will likely set the tone for that series. I would feel a lot better going into a playoff series having beaten them decidedly the last time we met, rather than being swept by them. It's about time we prove that we can beat this damn team. The playoffs start now, boys.

• Like 2

From NHL.com:
The Hurricanes are 2-for-29 on the power play (6.9 percent) in 13 games in March and 0-for-14 in their past eight games. They did not have a power-play opportunity during a 4-1 loss to the Capitals on Tuesday.

6 hours ago, Red_Storm said:

This team has shown they can play and win from behind on occasion, but boy I'd love to see the good guys notch the first goal or two early so they're not chasing this game.

I want a total shellacking. A good old-fashioned

BLOWOUT!!

Give 'em something to worry about in the post-season--besides the Pens and Bolts.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndsacker said:

They say you can't win a dance contest without the partner who brung ya. Translation: Top 6 production, PK and goal tending. A little momentum built on the PP might even help. Get this one and it looks a WHOLE lot different down the stretch. 

Tonight will tell us a lot about whether Aho is 100 percent. You know his mind is willing. Is the body able?

If there's no production from that line by the 10-minute mark, I'd have to think about putting TT back with SeaBass, and Nino with Staal.

5 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

Justin Williams  on twitter was saying this game was the last storm surge of the season .    I get why  they would run out of ideas  for it  but i thought the canes had at least   2 more games  , the flyers   this month and the devils   in april at home .    i wonder if  Justin knew this or not ?   Either way the man has made the claim so even he is expecting the team to win tonight  .     So   the caps  are pretty much going to play the same way against the Canes tonight .   I wonder what the canes are going to do differently  .   Because  the Caps defense  still has not stopped using that  european trap   ,   and they still love to prevent  plays from being made out to the middle .   

Playoff hockey now.  Things are getting serious so no time for any fun after the game;.  That's basically what they were saying on NHL tonight just a few minutes ago.

9 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

How bad do y'all think Willy wants this one?! He might just score off of both orbitals if that's what it takes.

I'm sure he'll find SOME way to control this game.

7 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Playoff hockey now.  Things are getting serious so no time for any fun after the game;.  That's basically what they were saying on NHL tonight just a few minutes ago.

If they’re worrying about the storm surge, hope that’s not a sign the boys are feeling the pressure and over-thinking things.  Be interesting to see how this first few shifts go...

3 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

If they’re worrying about the storm surge, hope that’s not a sign the boys are feeling the pressure and over-thinking things.  Be interesting to see how this first few shifts go...

Well, when you have to spend a lot of time thinking of a new and creative Surge vs focusing on making the playoffs...

10 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

The canes just dont need to win  tonight , they need to win out their remaining games .  Canes  have  the flyers  next two more times   and  the devils 1 more time that will only be wanting to play spoilers   , the leafs 1 more time and the  penguins  1 more time . and if the canes stay where they are , it will be  10   FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFING YEARS  they missed the playoffs .   if that happens  what do you say to an entire fanbase that was looking forward to playoff hockey for the 1st time in 9 years ?   what excuses do  the players , management ,  owner ,  gm  , coach  say to its fans then ?    Cause i know some people are going to stop watching the canes play if that happens  .  I believe the Canes  will clinch  a playoff berth   but I dont know what to say to convince my friends if that fate of missing again happens .  

Even though winning outright would be nice; they do not need to win the remainder of their games.  Calm down man.  If we win tonight and Saturday we have a chance to clinch on Sunday.

Better have a strong start tonight. Its been a while since the Canes have had a tough solid first period. Even the Wild game they didn't have the strongest first period... Everyone predicted that either the BJ's or the Canadiens would slow down but that does not seem like the case. Was hoping we would be in a less stressful position at the moment but I will try and stay positive and say at least we are still in a playoff spot. 

Now lets STAY THERE and put up a good fight!!!

I'm rooting for Montreal tonight.  We need Columbus still behind us.  We have a game in hand on Montreal, not on Columbus so even if MTL overtakes us tonight (if we lose, which I hope we don't) we have a chance to jump back over them with same # of games played by this weekend. 

1 minute ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Wrong, the whole team needs to show up tonight.

That too