The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
bluedevil58

Aho is injured. It's obvious.

The question is how bad? We are all in ATM.  It is make the playoffs or bust.  He seems slower and his shooting is off.  So I think he is nursing multiple injuries.  Thoughts?

I am beyond concerned about this kid.....

Edited by bluedevil58

It depends on how serious is injury. If the chances to make injury significantly worse while playing are not high then having injured Aho is probably better then having no Aho at all. But if it might be worse then it might be better to sit him even if he wants to play.

I don't think he's injured I just think he's pressing during crunch time like the whole team is.  His line was basically the best line on the ice our there last night.  He did have an assist last night on Nino's goal.  His shooting being off sounds to me like he's gripping the stick too tight. That's what happens when good players don't score for an extended amt of time. His last goal was an EN vs Nashville.  Just like last night when he passed the puck and turned it over rather than shooting it on Holtby.  Even Tripp said he should've shot the puck there  That to me sounds like he's trying to do too much.  Just relax and shoot the puck.

18 hours ago, bluedevil58 said:

The question is how bad? We are all in ATM.  It is make the playoffs or bust.  He seems slower and his shooting is off.  So I think he is nursing multiple injuries.  Thoughts?

I am beyond concerned about this kid.....

For what it's worth, there was a carbon fiber knee brace hanging in his locker area behind him during his post game interview last night..... Don't know if that's normal gear for him or not, but I'd never noticed it before. 

5 minutes ago, Altaholic said:

For what it's worth, there was a carbon fiber knee brace hanging in his locker area behind him during his post game interview last night..... Don't know if that's normal gear for him or not, but I'd never noticed it before. 

Courtesy of the collision the other night perhaps, but as several have pointed out, his problems go further back than that, so IDK? Possibly the collision with Neiderrieter (? wasn't it) compounded something from before?

Aho is fine, and, writing this just before puck drop versus Philly, here's a prediction:

Fat Stacks is about to get schooled in just how fine Aho is.

It's obvious.

Adam Gold verified he is wearing a brace and it isn't normal.  This was on the radio feed during intermission today.