The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
remkin

Jerks vs Flightless Jerks, Scoreboard Help Not to be Found, Just Keep Winning, 5PM, Pittsburgh

hurricanes

Early Start, but at least not really an afternoon game.

Given the stunning lack of help we're getting, just need to do it ourselves. 

Big win here.

Just win the dang thing.  The Pens I believe are still without Malkin and I think Letang is out again too.  Doesn't mean we can sit back on them.  They're still a lethal offense.  For once let's get the first goal because that seems to help us settle in.  Will be tough to beat Crosby and the Pens in their barn again and third time this season.  I would assume McE gets the start today due to the B2B.  A win and we're tied with them, a loss and we may end up getting passed by Columbus.  I'm still confident.  We've beaten every team not named TB and Washington this season but it will be hard. 

We have to come out on all cylinders; not like Thursday in Washington.  McE needs to be on his game like he was vs Montreal.

Remaining schedules for Eastern Conference contenders:

MTL: Bolts, @Craps, Loafs

PIT: Canes, @Dead Things, Dead Things, Rags

CBJ: @Slugs, Bees, @Rags, @Sens

Who has the easiest path to the playoffs?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

Pittsburgh definitely.  Columbus is 2nd and MTL will probably lose those next three but I would not be surprised if they beat the Leafs.

Must win. With the lack of help, this is the most important game.  We can be tied for third and increase our playoff chances.

we have done very well in the 2nd game of a B2B.  The trend has to continue today.

• Like 1

The Canes are  13th overall in odds of winning the cup .   If you got some money to  put down  and things go your way ,  not only do you get to see the canes  hoist  a 2nd  and see a new storm surge    but stand to make a lot of cash in the process .     I like them odds ! 

2 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

Definitely the Pens, they should get 3 of 4 or points in 3 of them.  Montreal has a brutal schedule left and only 3 games left.  Columbus could get win all 4 games, depends on how Boston plays.  Boston is comfortably in 2nd place and gain nothing by not resting anybody.  Everybody else they play are just looking to be spoilers. 

We will be in the same boat after the Loafs game, they wont have much to change positionally either. 

Win it and we're not tied at all. We would hold 2 games in 1st tiebreaker on Evil and MTL. THAT'S even bigger than the so called 4 point game.

McEverything to start

projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Niederreiter-Aho-Williams
Svechnikov-Staal-Teravainen
Ferland-Wallmark-Martinook
Foegele-McKegg-McGinn

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Pesce-Faulk
de Haan-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

McElhinney

Wondering if (assuming we get into the playoffs) Rod will continue alternating goalies...CMac keeping Mragic fresh has been huge IMHO during this 2019 run...

One thing that exemplifies this team and us fans is having to do 💩 the hard way. Ok...so be it. Let’s get this W!

D1055104-A412-4E78-8097-8060B26506EF.gif

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 2

Just tuned in and i'm seeing baseball mess on the supposed Hurricanes pregame.  Is that what they're showing or is the channel listing incorrect?

1 minute ago, realmdrakkar said:

Just tuned in and i'm seeing baseball mess on the supposed Hurricanes pregame.  Is that what they're showing or is the channel listing incorrect?

Uverse 1726 or look for FSHDa2

Edited by winger52

Sorry I missed out on the fun yesterday. Saturday afternoons are hard with the kids and family. Anyway looking forward to another stressful game against the Pens! As most posts on here have been saying, JUST WIN!!!

I never mentioned this but I'm sure Mike Maniscalco misprounouces McElhinney's last name.  The 'h' is silent and keeps saying it with the 'h'.  I've never heard any other announcer, not even Tripp or Jon use the 'h' when they say his last name.

2 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I never mentioned this but I'm sure Mike Maniscalco misprounouces McElhinney's last name.  The 'h' is silent and keeps saying it with the 'h'.  I've never heard any other announcer, not even Tripp or Jon use the 'h' when they say his last name.

The ultimate player to be named later.